stingray tanks or shark tanks??(both??)

peter ray

AW2x3 said:
No, that's not a good one, at all. That guy was lucky. Blue Spot Ribbontails have a very low survival rate, in captivity.
Actually that "guy" is a woman.

I do consider myself "lucky" to have had such good results with my Blue Spotted Ribbontail. I did do a lot of research and that helped too. Good luck with your search.

aw2x3

Originally Posted by Peter Ray
Originally Posted by AW2x3

No, that's not a good one, at all. That guy was lucky. Blue Spot Ribbontails have a very low survival rate, in captivity.

Actually that "guy" is a woman.

I do consider myself "lucky" to have had such good results with my Blue Spotted Ribbontail. I did do a lot of research and that helped too. Good luck with your search.
My apologies, ma'dam...I guess it was the screen name and I just assumed.

Good on ya, for being able to keep such a beautiful ray tho. I've seen many, many people try and you're only the second person that's had success.

hawk fish

does any one have pics and info about keeping a marbled cat shark?? i will prob get thoes just need some info before i get one...

aw2x3

You need to prepare for months of research, before you run out and just purchase a shark.
They're not like fish. They're requirements are MUCH more demanding and it's not a fish you just jump in to.

peter ray

Originally Posted by AW2x3
My apologies, ma'dam...I guess it was the screen name and I just assumed.

Good on ya, for being able to keep such a beautiful ray tho. I've seen many, many people try and you're only the second person that's had success.

:joy: No problem. Peter Ray is the name of the stingray. I teach Martial Arts for a living and the ray is named after one of my students (who is now my god son). I have heard and read all the information about this particular Ray being hard to keep in captivity. I really don't know how I got so lucky. I wandered in on him at my LFS...who has since closed shop. I'll just thank the stars above for my good fortune.

S

shark bait

Originally Posted by hawk fish
if or when my shark gets too big i can give it to them

THIS WAS IN MY PRIOR POST JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE YOU SAW IT.
"Never buy a fish that will out grow your current tank"

psusocr1

how long have you had this stingray?? you may have posted it but i missed it? i wouldnt really consider anythign under a year a success, but if i remember from your posts you have had him longer correct?

peter ray

Originally Posted by psusocr1
how long have you had this stingray?? you may have posted it but i missed it? i wouldnt really consider anythign under a year a success, but if i remember from your posts you have had him longer correct?

Yes, I have had my ray for 1 year and 7 months. Give or take a week.
In that time, he has shed his stinger 4 times.

mike22cha

Hawk fish, the best source I found on marbled cat sharks is Scott W. Michael Shark&Rays. Also look around online. I will try to send you an email of different websites that sell them and have some information. Coral Catshark have more information because they are more commenly kept. The best way to research is search the forums. Marbled catsharks would do fine in anything above a 200g tank.
The marbled catsharks maxium length is 23.4 inches.
It needs water temperature of 72-86 degrees F.
Needs a stable edge or cave.
Feed it what any other shark would eat 2-3 times per week.
That is all the info I got.