Stock levels and combos

cartina

i am about to start a 75 gal and would like to stock a dwarf lion, clown w/anemone, puffer or toby or boxfish, purple tang, live rock. how many fish can i stock w/ fish and hardy inverts? thanks

halide

Well if your going with a dwarf lion I'd go with a large tomato clown or sebea something bigger than it's mouth alsoyour going to need at least 3-4 watts a gal of light for the host anenome to survive and puffers and box fish can be a gamble when mixing with enverts plus there ich factorys purple tang should be fine my fight with other tangs that you may perchase later.As far as how many fish 3inchs a gallon is what I go buy and thats L-X-W as far as inverts it depends on what fish you decide on the lion may also dine on your favorite shrimp also I would recommend getting some reading materail on fish you want to have and see there feeding requirements before buying.

damsel

please don't take offense but you need to read, study, read, ask questions, then read some more. you have taken the first step though. there are many compatibility charts, i think this site has one and so does, ****** fish. a clown fish does not need an anemone to live, and a beginner should be highly discouraged from getting an anemone. do you have good lighting, protein skimmer, etc.? let us know what you have and we can help you more. just don't make the mistake of doing too much too fast, this a rewarding hobby but takes alot of patience. keep asking questions and best of luck to you.
damsel

krazzydart

Very good advise from the others.... check the compatibility on thi sight and do plenty of reserch at your local library...Good luck[