stock list for a 58g

dperna

I am trying to get a fish list for my Oceanic 58 gallon, 36" long, 18" deep and 18" tall. I will be transfering from my 20 gallon, a maroon clown and a yelllow sleeperheaded goby. I have posted other threads on this that have been helpful and i have picked out a few fish that i would like to consider. I have no clue about compatability, care, etc. so please post your oppinions and knowledge about these fish! :happyfish
Lemonpeel Dwarf Angelfish (Centropyge flavissima)
Bluespotted Angelfish (Chaetodontoplus caeruleopunctatus)
Yellowtail Butterflyfish (Chaetodon xanthurus)
Merten’s Butterflyfish (Chaetodon mertensii)
White Collar Butterflyfish (Chaetodon collare)
Blackback Butterfly fish (Chaetodon melannotus)
Lyretail Anthias (Pseudanthias squamipinnis)
Snooty Maori Wrasse (Cheilinus oxycephalus)
Rooster Fairy Wrasse (cant find any info on it though)

mopar9012

Are you planning on having ALL these fish in that tank? Thats too many, and 2 angels will probably not go over too good.

dperna

oh god no, lol sorry if i was unclear. i kind of just put all the fishes that i had an interest in. i wasnt even sure if i could do one from each group of these. i was hoping that people could put their oppinion in for what would be a good combo of any of these

nicetry

Originally Posted by DPerna
I am trying to get a fish list for my Oceanic 58 gallon, 36" long, 18" deep and 18" tall. I will be transfering from my 20 gallon, a maroon clown and a yelllow sleeperheaded goby. I have posted other threads on this that have been helpful and i have picked out a few fish that i would like to consider. I have no clue about compatability, care, etc. so please post your oppinions and knowledge about these fish! :happyfish
Bluespotted Angelfish (Chaetodontoplus caeruleopunctatus)
Yellowtail Butterflyfish (Chaetodon xanthurus)
Merten’s Butterflyfish (Chaetodon mertensii)
White Collar Butterflyfish (Chaetodon collare)
Lyretail Anthias (Pseudanthias squamipinnis)
Snooty Maori Wrasse (Cheilinus oxycephalus)
Rooster Fairy Wrasse (cant find any info on it though)
Of the two angels, the lemonpeel is the hardiest and would be the best bet. From your list of butterflies, the blackback is a good choice and would do okay in that size tank, although the one I have in my 120 is a very active fish and uses every bit of space. I would not consider any angel or butterfly until the tank is at least 6 months old and has consistantly maintained stable water parameters. The tank should also have a large amount of live rock. IMO, the anthias you list needs a much larger tank.

dperna

Ok, so for a stocking list so for I plan on:
plus my maroon clown/yellow headed sleeper goby
From my list above, or just any other suggestions anyone wanna try to match up some tankmates?! :help:

dperna

come on guys, i know someone has to be interested in this! Over 80 people looking at this and 2 respond, i think we could do better than this :notsure:

nicetry

It's not a large tank so don't push it in terms of stocking. The fish you have listed will fill it up nicely while leaving some much needed space to stay out of each other's way. With the 4 fish you've chosen, I might consider a small wrasse like a sixline, and call it a day. The butterfly will hit close to 5 inches and the angel over 4. Crowding them is going to lead to problems. Think of a nice selection of inverts like serpent stars, shrimp, crabs, snails, etc.. this will give the tank added interest. Pack the tank full of fish and you're setting yourself up for problems.

firefish_48

If you plan on doing any corals I would pass on the butterflies and angles a bit risky in a small tank. I would go with gobies, a blenny,cardinals,basslets and fairy wrasses. If you plan on having snails,shrimp,crabs or clams be careful of what type of wrasse you get.
Mike