Stock My Biocube

joshradio

ok, I gave in and bought a 14g Oceanic BioCube for a decent price, because I've wanted one for a while... Here's my task... not really used to the smaller side of life, so help me stock it... if this was your tank, or you have a 14g or similar and could do it all over again, just differently this time, what would you put in it???
...also looking for pointers for those that have/have had them... drawbacks, must-do customs, needed additions??? fire away!! ...it shows up Friday...

subielover

Check out the other 14 gallon threads for ideas. In mine I have a ocellaris clown and a sixline wrasse and I am maxed out as far as fish go.

fcatch76

I have my Black clowns and a Midas Blenny w/ a cleaner shrimp. I wouldn't change anything becuase this is exactly what I wanted to do. As they get bigger they will be moved inot my BC29 and all the stuff in there moves over to the RSM250 (if all works out).
As far as mods, like all other BC owners, swap the bulbs so the fans come on with the actinic light, refugium in chamber 2, and I cut the rest of the false wall in chamber 1 to increase flow.

joshradio

catch, thx, cuz i've been skimming other posts and haven't seen anyone mention the probs or mods they've really done... thx again!!

nanoized

Clown and a yellow watchman goby for me.
I think 2 fish is the max for our BC14's
Think about a refugium with chaeto in the middle rear chamber.

fcatch76

Originally Posted by JoshRadio
http:///forum/post/2905524
catch, thx, cuz i've been skimming other posts and haven't seen anyone mention the probs or mods they've really done... thx again!!
no problem..as you progress with the tank you will see what changes will need to be made. Take your time and think about changes before you do them, sometimes you can't go back.

joshradio

I got it in the mail Saturday morning!!! here's the start;

I inspected it and set it up with freshR/O water for leak tests... it was perfect for the 24 hours I ran it...
Then loaded it with 20lbs of black LS and approx. 30lbs of LR... now we start to clear up and cycle

here we go... and lets just say the transfer didnt go as planned... draining one tank 5 gals at a time + screaming baby = wet floor when daddy forgot he was draining a tank!!

joshradio

ok, so i had high hopes about the clarity, cuz it's almost cleared fully now! haha... parameters are flyin off the handle! lol

joshradio

Wow a year almost and my tank is starting all over... I got laid off and now transferred out to California and sold off everything down to the rock... guess it's a 2nd try! lol