Stocking 55

microman2k

well i am about to switch into a huge room, and within a couple of months i should be able to afford a 55 gallon tank (it wouldnt be able to fit in the roomi have now) but anywaz here is my dream line-up, i know the list is gonna have too much but which should i leave and any other suggestions are appreciated!
*Valentini Puffer (already have)
*Dwarf Angel (need some good ideas)
*Lionfish (not sure what kind would be best)
*Tang (which tangs are suitable for a 55, just a yellow?)
*Harlequin Tusk (love these fish!)
*Flame Hawkfish
*Butterfly (not sure of which kind, if even any would work)
*Blue/Green Chromis (like about 5 to school)
*Green Bird Wrasse (they just look so cool!)
*Eel (mabey a snowflake?)
alright, there are my dream fish, pick and choose and help me create my dream tank for my new room!:happyfish

microman2k

ok what about some other combinations, still love the flame hawk heard they had tons of personality, what about a butterfly? i think those are too hard to keep and not sure if they will even live in a 55. thanx for the help!

microman2k

what about the Heniochus Butterfly, and they school! lol or what about a Vermiculated Angel, they look nice also:jumping:

microman2k

no LOL just one, if it would fit, i read on this site which ihighly trust and it says they are a pretty good fish, is a 55 too small for one?

microman2k

*with a GOOD skimmer lol how about this*
*Valentini Puffer
*Yellow Tang
*Vermiculated Angel
*Flame Hawk
*Snowflake

microman2k

and oh yea, how dangerous are snowflakes exactly, i am not sure if i wanna be afraid to stick my hand in the tank:nervous:

microman2k

i know angels like to pick at liverock for food and junk to eat but do they have to have liverock to survive? i don't plan on putting any in.

ross

I wouldn't add an angel w/ the aggresive fish you listed. It prolly wouldn't get eaten but that is a big bioload and angels aren't the hardiest fish. And they will do better w/lr.

microman2k

well liverock is expensive, and i dont care to buy it its just that at my lfs they have these awesome tanks that you could just stare at for ours with the most beautiful fish, they are a little bigger than a 55 but i was going to create a mini version of it, it has white sand and the decorations are all natural, they are corals and caves and stuff like that, looks really good. what do ya think?

microman2k

well live rock is ok, but i just dont like it that much, i mean i love it for my reef tank, i have 50lbs of it, its just that everyone has the live rock look, i just like this look, it looks so clean and pretty, and its different from what everyone else is doing, and its cheaper too lol but i dont know.....when i go there next i will take a pic and post here for ya:joy: :yes:

microman2k

not sure, all i can remember is that in one of their displays they had an eel and to me it seemed to be a snowflake but i am not sure, i am gonna have to go back and see, which will take forever cause the closest lfs is an hour and a half away, and at that there are only 2 in the city (i live in a VERY small town) and the one i am talking about is super expensive and they day we have been going to the city they are closed (for the past couple of times we have went its been on mondays and they are closed on mondays)

zemuro114

snowflakes are awesome eels i've had mine for almost 2 years, and he has grown over a foot since i've had him.. he loves me.. i can pet him :) i hand feed him with great focus tho

microman2k

what is their minimum tank size? my tank plans have changed due to my tank crashing and now i have 2- 29's instead of a 55. i plan to turn one into a aggressive with a dwarf lion, dwarf angel, and valentini puffer, and would love and eel but i am almost 100% sure it wouldnt be good in there, but i might as well ask than to wonder! :yes:

beanpole12

I've had my snowflake for less than a year and he's grown right about 10 inches. At first he was in a 30g and did fine but as he got bigger I moved him to a 55g. In the big tank he swims in the open all the time and will wrap himself around the tubes and hoses and just hang there. Mine has eaten a few chromises though so I'd be careful with that. Now he eats krill out of my hand and it is awesome to watch. If you go aggresive definately get one. They are beautiful