Stocking 75g-opinions wanted

jobu28

I am currently cycling a fish only 75g and started putting together a list of fish which I like and could possibly go together. I am looking for a peaceful, colorful tank with fish of different sizes and shapes. It is being filtered by an XP4, Eheim 2028, and an Eheim 2217 wet dry. All comments and opinions welcomed. Feel free to add to the list. Also what would be the max fish from this list? Thanks in advance.
Fu man chu lionfish
Marine betta
Flame hawk
Banggai cardinal
Auriga butterfly
Coral beauty
Flame angel
Percula clown(possibly anenome)
Wrasse(open to suggestions)
Sandsifter goby
Fire goby
Blue tang
Purple tang
Yellow tang
Niger trigger
Frogfish

mboswell1982

hmmmmmmm maybe got with a pair of b&w ocellaris clowns, im partial to the pygmy cherub angel, a pair of yashia gobies, a trio of the reef safe wrasses, im partial to the longfin fairy's myself, if u do that do a male and 2 females, never do 2 males lol, and possibly one of the smaller tangs, from what ive seen on here, the problem with tangs is that they'll outgrow a 75 fairly fast

hammerhed7

I would scrap the trigger and tangs, they will outgrow the tank. I would also consider a fuzzy dwarf, or zebra lion instead of the fu man chu, the fu man chu is one of the most difficult lions with regards to accepting prepared foods.

jobu28

How big do the fuzzzy dwarfs get? I was going for the Fu Man Chu because I didnt want him to eat the percula or a smaller wrasse?

jobu28

They arent all going in the tank. Those are the fish I like. I was looking for suggestions in picking out a nice group from that list that would cohabitate nicely. Sorry if that wasnt clear in my original post.

jthomas0385

I would say a blue tang for a 75 gallon, only one dwarf angle because two will kill each other. I would look at a fuzzy dwarf lion, not a fu man chu. I heard the Fu Man Chu's are hard to feed. Sounds good though, good luck!

hammerhed7

A dwarf lion will max out at 6-7" any of the smaller lions are capable of eating a percula, the general rule is you don't want to add anything less than 1/2 the size of the lion, a lion may try to eat anything it thinks it can fit in it's mouth, which is more than seems possible, however sometimes the overestimate, and that could lead to 2 dead fish.

jobu28

OK, so this is what i am thinking. Let me know your thoughts and if i am overstocked, can add more, or need to change anything.
Dwarf lionfish
Marine betta
Flame hawk
(2)Banggai cardinal
Dwarf angel
Percula clown(or possibly some clown slightly larger)
Fairy Wrasse(open to other wrasse suggestions)
Sandsifter goby
Blue tang
Filefish(can he go in there?)
Frogfish(can he go in there?)

mboswell1982

Originally Posted by jobu28
http:///forum/post/2854329
OK, so this is what i am thinking. Let me know your thoughts and if i am overstocked, can add more, or need to change anything.
Dwarf lionfish
Marine betta-scratch that
Flame hawk
(2)Banggai cardinal
Dwarf angel
Percula clown(or possibly some clown slightly larger)-do a pair
Fairy Wrasse(open to other wrasse suggestions)
Sandsifter goby
Blue tang
Filefish(can he go in there?)-scratch that
Frogfish(can he go in there?)-scratch that
and id really scratch the lion as well, it looks like ur wanting to do a combination of agressive and peaceful fish, but, eh, im still noob, hopefully someone else will chime in an tell me if i got it right or wrong LOL but, thats what'd id do with the list IMO

blue78vette

Originally Posted by mboswell1982
http:///forum/post/2854542
and id really scratch the lion as well, it looks like ur wanting to do a combination of agressive and peaceful fish, but, eh, im still noob, hopefully someone else will chime in an tell me if i got it right or wrong LOL but, thats what'd id do with the list IMO
I agree with Mboswell1982, the lion may have a good ole' time with some of the smaller fish (mmmm lunch lol). I think you stock list is fine now, I would def. get a protein skimmer before all of these fish, it is very important that you control your bio load. This is a really good stock list! I would also consider:
1. Foxface
2. Niger Trigger (they are pretty much non aggressive)
GOOD LUCK!!

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by jobu28
http:///forum/post/2853074
I am currently cycling a fish only 75g and started putting together a list of fish which I like and could possibly go together. I am looking for a peaceful, colorful tank with fish of different sizes and shapes. It is being filtered by an XP4, Eheim 2028, and an Eheim 2217 wet dry. All comments and opinions welcomed. Feel free to add to the list. Also what would be the max fish from this list? Thanks in advance.
Fu man chu lionfish NOT WITH ANY SMALLER FISH!
Marine betta NOT WITH ANY SMALLER FISH! IT'S A GROUPER!
Flame hawk
Banggai cardinal
Auriga butterfly
Coral beauty
Flame angel
Percula clown(possibly anenome)
Wrasse(open to suggestions) GET A SMALL SPECIES!
Sandsifter goby ONLY GET THIS AFTER TANK HAS BEEN RUNNING FOR CLOSE TO A YEAR!
Fire goby
Blue tang NO!
Purple tang NO!
Yellow tang NO!
Niger trigger NO!
Frogfish NOT WITH OTHER FISH!

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by blue78vette
http:///forum/post/2855249
I agree with Mboswell1982, the lion may have a good ole' time with some of the smaller fish (mmmm lunch lol). I think you stock list is fine now, I would def. get a protein skimmer before all of these fish, it is very important that you control your bio load. This is a really good stock list! I would also consider:
1. Foxface
2. Niger Trigger (they are pretty much non aggressive)
GOOD LUCK!!
you're joking about the niger right? that's a fish that can get 18inches and destroy stuff.. maybe a 5incher isn't aggressive lol...

blue78vette

Originally Posted by Rotarymagic
http:///forum/post/2855255
you're joking about the niger right? that's a fish that can get 18inches and destroy stuff.. maybe a 5incher isn't aggressive lol...
Ive had 10 niger triggers in 7 diffrent tanks and they do great in a reef situation, maybe im just lucky...well by no means am I an expert just a hobbiest that has tried alot of stuff. thanks for the chat!

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by blue78vette
http:///forum/post/2857315
Ive had 10 niger triggers in 7 diffrent tanks and they do great in a reef situation, maybe im just lucky...well by no means am I an expert just a hobbiest that has tried alot of stuff. thanks for the chat!
you are definitely lucky... BTW, how big were the biggest ones?
Did they eat all the motile inverts though?