Stocking a 125 FOWLR..HELP

robbie59

Hello, I have a 125 currently cycling and I need to know if these fish would work together.
I would like to have a puffer of some sort, Powder Blue Tang, Lion, small eel, and a seahorse.
I know these might not work out but that's why I'm asking...
Also what would you put in here?
Tell me your stocking ideas so I can decide..
Thanks in advance..

N

newreefers

I can help you on some of this, the sea horse is a big no, sorry, they have to live alone for the most part in a tall tank, they are vertical swimmers and must be spot fed, they can't have any competition for food.
The lion and eel would be ok together.
I can't say for sure on the puffer or tang. I think the tang would be ok, but wait for someone else who knows more.

flamehawk

For the exception of the seahorse, all else should work. I personally would go a differnet direction to add more diverse coloring and behavior.
My stocking suggestions w/b: emperor angel, powder blue,flame angel, flame hawk , flame hawk,and yellow tang, no lion(eats smaller fish) no eel( no such thing as a small eel). This is of cousre my preference and does not mean that your prefernce may work. I'm just having some fun while also keeping your suggestions in mind.
Have fun...add slowly and good luck!

grouperhead

A puffer and a lion won't mix. Those long, flowing fins are just too tempting for the puffer not to bite them. Small eels include snowflakes, goldentails, chainlinks, zebras, and whiteyes. All stay under 3' for the most part. I'd decide wether or not to do aggressive or community. They often don't mix well, beit from aggression or water quality. Bo

flamehawk

Grouper is probably right but the exceptions happen. That's what's funny about this hobby. Was in Hawaii and often saw Puffers with Lions togehter. Asked questions and found out that they were bought as Juv's and "grew up" together and it worked fine.
Like I said...funny things about this hobby. Good luck.

wrassecal

I really don't have anything to add, just wanted to say that is an awesome set up, just beautiful:)
Oh yeah, and Bo knows aggessive:D

splash1914

it looks like you have live rock and bleached coral together... IMO, I would either go with live rock or bleached coral... preferable live rock.....

flamehawk

Hey splash- great ank and wonderfull web site.
How big is that tank? How big will the sharksget? how long have you had them?
Thanks for sharing.

robbie59

Yes I did all the work on the tank myself. The wall I have the tank in shares the garage and my dining room. I blacked out the tank sides and back so I don't see what’s going on in the garage..
Thanks for the comments and suggestions about stocking the tank. No for the rocks,,,,is my dead coral OK for now as it is new and not grown over with algae? I like the look but will this be too hard to clean?
And for the fish, How about a puffer and some big tangs...I would like to have a "different" kind of fish in the tank as well...something really weird....any ideas?
Thanks

broncofish

I would say ditch the bleached coral for some live rock, it willbe far more interesting over time;) I am a little worried about one statement though. Having the tank blacked out so you can't see whats going on in the garage. Are you still using your garage to park cars in. If so think very very hard about building a room around the back of the tank. Many of the bad things in your exhaust will end up settling in your tank:(

broncofish

One more thing, that is about the darn best in wall tank I've seen. Looks like a piece of art hanging on your wall, very nice:D

robbie59

To start off with, No I don't use my garage to park my cars...
Not because of the tank but the fact that I can park 3 trucks in my driveway so I don't need the room...
So, you guys really think I should ditch the live rock? I don't have crazy lights on my setup so I don't think I'll get much growth with my LR..
This is my frist tank and my first time building a in-wall tank setup. I think it came out great..
If you guys want I'll post all the pictures of the process..Let me know.
RM

flamehawk

No,NO...ditch the bleached coral not the live rock. Buy much more live rock!!
Great looking tank. I would love to see the step by step photos. I couldn't built it into the garage in NJ because it w/b too cold and the tank would never heat up. I suppose I could build a heated room around it in the garage . My wife would kill me!