stocking a 180 FOWLR

fishboy091

im gonna be getting my fish in about 2 weeks and i was wondering what order i should get these in.
sailfin tang
a pair of ocellaris clowns
a couple firefish
yellow tang
coral beauty
bicolor blenny
royal gramma
flame angel
sixline wrasse
copperbanded butterfly
a few cleaner shrimps
cleaner crew sooner or later
yellow tail damsels to start off with

rcmcg

I just added a coral beauty to a new tank and was told that they should only be added to an extablished tank...6 months. I would agree. He keeps looking at the sides for algae to eat. Poor thing there is not much for him to nibble on yet

fishboy091

Originally Posted by Cartman101
Dont put a damsel in! Run the tank with cocktail shrimp to start the cycle.
are you kidding? or are you being serious? where would i get those? could a purple tang go in with those? what order should i add the fish in?

joe 09

you should do some research on the fish first.the copperbanded is a difficult fish to get to
start eating.the yellow tang could be aggressive once established,add the sailfin before the yellow.i agree, forget the damsel.you could get a blue green chromis or a blue chromis they are more peaceful.

cartman101

Originally Posted by fishboy091
are you kidding? or are you being serious? where would i get those? could a purple tang go in with those? what order should i add the fish in?
No I'm not kidding. Damsels will start to terrorize your other fish you start to add in the tank and its not that healthy to put a fish in a tank thats cycling. You can get some shrimp from your gocery store, seafood market or your lfs.

fishboy091

will the chromis help with the cycle just like the damsels will? if not how much shrimp should i get? i might not do that, i might be tempted to eat the shrimp.
i know a guy at my lfs only cycled his tank for about 5 days because he used this biozyme stuff. he sold me some but i accidentally left it in my basket.

fedukeford

Originally Posted by fishboy091
will the chromis help with the cycle just like the damsels will? if not how much shrimp should i get? i might not do that, i might be tempted to eat the shrimp.
i know a guy at my lfs only cycled his tank for about 5 days because he used this biozyme stuff. he sold me some but i accidentally left it in my basket.

DONT CYCLE WITH ANY FISH!! and dont listen to your lfs about that quick cycle crap, there is nothing good about it, i would add the tangs last, after the cycle only add 1 fish per month, use 2 dead shrimp to cycle

wax32

As long as it takes for your ammonia to read above 1.0 on your test kit. You might wanna click the search button and read up on "the cycle" before you get in over your head so to speak.