hows this
Kole Tang
Hippo Tang
Sailfin Tang
Yellow Tang
Green Bird Wrasse
Spanish Hog
Heniochus Butterfly x 3
When you get that many tangs single like that, its hard to tell what might happen and what might not. I have seen some pretty nasty sailfins before and some pretty territiorial yellows. So watch out. I would try a school of yellows. That would be cool. :happyfish :happyfish

jacknjill

Originally Posted by nigertrigg
yes i can tell he is a 5 yr old girl i mean 15 year old freshman. Your claiming thta guy was hijacking this thread but in reality he was simply helping the other guy. Now we are all trying to help except you freshman.
thats just the way i interpreted it, sorrrrrrry!
freshman, OHHHHH BURN! that definately cut me deep lol
not

dougsback

you guys are all childish...
i would guess you guys are middle school tops because you behave like my little cousin

aw2

Originally Posted by DougsBack
hows this
Kole Tang
Hippo Tang
Sailfin Tang
Yellow Tang
Green Bird Wrasse
Spanish Hog
Heniochus Butterfly x 3
Alright...back on track, everyone...
I think this list would be fine, Doug. You'd still be working with 2 very similar Tangs (Yellow and Sailfin) but as I said before, with enough rockwork, I think you'd be fine.
Make sure you quarentine that Hippo, for at least a month, before putting it in the display tank. They're one of the Tangs more likely to get ich.

jacknjill

Sorry Doug, you're right, i know ive helped get your thread off track.
But i agree that your last list should be ok, and i cant wait to see pics when you get them all. The only thing i would do, is maybe switch out that yellow tang for a purple tang, just because of its awesome purple color. But thats really a matter of personal preference
Ive heard of people having trouble with butterflies, just try to add it once your tank has matured a bit. It will be cool to see them all together

dougsback

im rethinking the 210 but will go with atleast 150
i just realized that i will not be able to keep up with averything a 210 has to offer,
also i must admit all this ich talk is scaring me
so il focus more on what size rather than whats going in it, but for the heck of it...
with a 150...
yellow tang
2 heniochus butterflies
green bird wrasse
spanish hogfish
kole tang
and some smaller filler fish
still have a while to change my mind
im sure i will :thinking:

1journeyman

Use a QT tank... IF you follow proper procedures you should never have to worry about ich.
If you can afford the 210 go for it!

1journeyman

Originally Posted by nigertrigg
yes i can tell he is a 5 yr old girl i mean 15 year old freshman. Your claiming thta guy was hijacking this thread but in reality he was simply helping the other guy. Now we are all trying to help except you freshman.
That's uncalled for.
Let's be civil.
The age of the poster doesn't matter at all in this hobby. In fact, it's often the young who have the patience to LEARN and the TIME to observe their tanks; Traits that can really benefit our hobby.
JacknJill and our other young posters are a valuable asset to this community.

bailey52

This I agree I think it is great they participate but I have observed in other threads the immature attitude and sometimes downright rude comments by him/her.. Im sure I was out of line.. but I was only having fun AND proving a point!

jacknjill

^^ The whole thing started by me being confused on what someone said, and then it escalated till it got to name calling. I think i have done a decent job of holding my tongue pretty much always. So i dont really know what you mean by my rude comments it other threads, besides the one about the permit where you offended me. So i guess you are still sore on that. But i think that the problem has been resolved :jumping:

dougsback

i found a 240 last night and the price is GREAT so i dont think im going to pass it up but will have to buy it soon and slowly fill it with rock and start the stock a bit earlier
need to look at some financial figures to make sure i wont get screwed for money, have a plan and want to stick to it so this tank might mess with it

nigertrigg

Originally Posted by JacknJill
thats just the way i interpreted it, sorrrrrrry!
freshman, OHHHHH BURN! that definately cut me deep lol
not
What is this a fish forum guys?
"Middle school tops"...ha

angelkisse

quick question guyssss....with yellow tangs...i thought u go for 3 , 5 or 9....isnt it best to keep them an uneven number....i dunno(i was told that when i got mine) ...just askin?? :cheer: oh yeah and ill be the cheerleader :hilarious ..j/k

dougsback

actually it would cost me double to do the 240 so im going with a 150 long and will be ordering it in a few weeks and plan to keep
3 yellow tangs
3 herniochus(sp) butterflys
a spanish hogfish
a greenbird wrasse
and my current 40 gal fish
2 false percs
pink and blue shrimp goby
coral beauty
yellow wrasse
yellowtail damsel
the 240 is on an e bay store for 500
im ordering the 150 for 800
but after its fully loaded the 240 will have more than 2000 dollars into it so i said
nope

nigertrigg

i am not sure if 3 yellow tangs will work out. You definately need more in that. AT least 5 of them. And yes. You should always keep an odd amout of fish when schooling them.