Stocking a 40 Gallon Tank

torontofishlove

Hi Guys,
I am getting my first salt water tank soon. 40 gallons!
How can I stock it?
I love COLOR. I am only looking for COLOR.
Any tips on how to stock it?
I was thinking only tangs (yellow and blue) with clownfish.
Does this work?
TorontoFishLover

fishhead80

Clownfish is fine. 40g is too small for tangs IMO. Try looking at some dwarf angelfish, gobies,, firefish, lots of great small fish with color. Are u doing reef or fowlr.

fishhead80

Not always the case due to different bio loads, swimming habits, diets. My best advise to you is research vigorously on the exact fish u want to keep. There is a lot of good information on this site. Tangs like to graze on algae so they will swim for miles and miles and That's y I said 40g is a little small for tangs. Some ppl will have a different opinion.

fishhead80

I'm actually taking down my 90g and putting up a 30g. Here is Wat I plan on having:
2 Black and white clowns (already have)
1 Randilli Goby ( already have)
1 Tiger pistol shrimp( already have)
1 Flame Angel.

torontofishlove

Thanks for posting that.
I had an idea:
Could I put 1 anemone, with 2 clownfish at 1 side of the aquarium, and another anemone with another 2 clownfish at the other side of the tank?
This would mean that the clownfish would be away from each-other (and would live in their seperate sides).
Would this work?
And yes, I know they are a live, and are corals (or like corals).
Thanks.

fishhead80

Honestly I wouldn't do it. Tank to small. But if u have to, stay away from large clowns like Maroon or Tomato clowns. Try to add them all at once. As for anemones. I'm not to sure. I've never kept one so I don't have any personal experience. I know that u need a bright light, perfect water quality and a well established tank.