Stocking a cleanup crew in a 125 gal!

ryanbooton

Now guys the fish store told me id need like 25 tubos and 50 blue legs! Is this true? I see guys on here with 200 gal. tanks and only have a couple turbos! Whats the deal? I do have cc.

johnny.d.s

I do need a cleanup crew but don't have the $$$ right now. Im going to get one when i have the $$$ something like 50 Scarlet Reef Hermits and 50 Mexican Turbos 25 Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crabs 2 Sand Sifting Sea Stars and 1 Tiger-striped Fancy Serpent Sea Star.

hondo

it's best to get a divers clean up crew consisting of several different types of snails and few if any crabs.
for snails go with the following:
Trouchas 25, absolutely the best algea eaters and they can turn themselves over if they need to so they last a long time.
Nassaurius 30, great sand bed cleaners. They bury themselves and come up when they smell food.
Cerith 15, good all around cleaner and doesn't die when it falls on it's back.
stomatella 10, great cleaners and they reroduce like crazy so you grow your own future cleanup crew
Astrea 20, cheap and good cleaners but they die when they fall over, but they do also reproduce fast.
turbos 4, nice to look at and good cleaners but pricey and they are natures bulldozers and will knock over anything in your tank if they want what is under it.
for Crabs:
scarlet reef hermits 20, won't bother anything in your tank and won't kill your snails for their shells.
all other types of crabs are risky as they typicaly will go after your snails and sometimes corals.
Look to get aprox 1 cleaner for each gallon

johnny.d.s

Turbo Snail are also known as a Trochus (Snails of the Turbo genus are also called Turban Snails.)
Do not place the Astraea Conehead Snail in an aquarium with hermit crabs. If it falls, it is often unable to right itself, and will need the aquarist to place it upright, again. :eek:
The Banded Trochus Snail, also known as the Trochus Snail, Turban Shell, Turban Snail, or Top Shell, is shaped like a top or pyramid.(Snails of the Trochus genus are also called Turban Snails.)

speedy

the clean up crew i used had
100 bule legs
100 turbos
1 brittle star (green)
1 sally light foot
1 emrald
2 cuecmbers (forgot the type)
i aswell have a 125:)