STOCKING FISH 55g

segsig

ok, heres another one of those boring questions of how many and what kinds of fish. For my 55g with live rock, I already have...
butterfly
sailfin tang
2 PJ cardinals
purple firefish
small goby/blenny??? (sand sifter--name always escapes me--sorry)
looking to add one more fish and some bright color and wanted to get peoples opinions about adding a flame angel--gess theres 2 issues-- too many fish and getting along with others
Thanks

jmick

Originally Posted by watson3
You could get a small blue hippo for a little while...
What would you have him do when the tang out grew the 55? Very poor advice that shows a lack of common sense.

segsig

I hate hearing about the Sailfin I have because the LFS which I trust said he was ok in my 55. Guess I need to address this issue too.
So that leaves open whether I can go with the Flame or maybe even a coral beauty?

segsig

heres an oops--dont know why I posted I have a butterfly--its a foxface. must have been thinking butterfly and brain and fingers on 2 different planets
does that change anything?
sorry and thanks

ryanhayes9

Originally Posted by segsig
heres an oops--dont know why I posted I have a butterfly--its a foxface. must have been thinking butterfly and brain and fingers on 2 different planets
does that change anything?
sorry and thanks
a foxfae i think would be fine

imurnamine

Originally Posted by segsig
I hate hearing about the Sailfin I have because the LFS which I trust said he was ok in my 55
. Guess I need to address this issue too.
So that leaves open whether I can go with the Flame or maybe even a coral beauty?

We aren't trying to make a sale.

daninct

How long has the tank been up and do you have a solid cleaning crew? I'd stay with what you have for now. The more you add the more maintenance you have to do. What you have there now will grow. Not knowing what you have for water (Sump, how much live rock) its hard to say you can take on more.
IF you could... a coral beauty is fine or another dwarf angel. A royal gramma adds color but I am not certain if they get along withthe firefish.

watson3

Did you not notice that he already has a sailfin in there...also, how long do you suppose it will be before the hippo outgrows the tank?

imurnamine

Originally Posted by watson3
Did you not notice that he already has a sailfin in there...also, how long do you suppose it will be before the hippo outgrows the tank?

Good question. I think it actually depends on the fish... I have heard of them growing an inch in 6 - 8 months.