Stocking for a 30 gal with a 10 fuge

legoalie31

I recently switched out my 20 gallon tank with a 30 gallon and kept my same refugium. The rock and sand in the tank has been alive for at least 3 years now, and I put some new fish in the tank. My stocking is : 1 purple firefish, 1 black clown, 1 tiny clown goby, 1 sixline wrasse and a blue tang(only an inch and a half and I plan on moving him to my 80 gallon in a few months). I've heard of the inch per gallon rule, but I'm still a little hesitant. I want to add another clown and firefish to pair those fish up, and maybe a coral beauty a while on down the road. is this too much on the bioload? My parameters are perfect, and have been very stable since the move. All of my corals are vibrant and healthy. Just looking for someone else's opinion other than the fish store, who I know will most likely tell me it will be fine for the sale.
Thanks

mr. limpid

Bio Load, depends on a lot of different elements. Type of fish: what they eat, how they eat, size of fish: young, old, how much food you feed tank, clean up crew: quantity and type and probably few more things. Way's to help your bio load, water changes, feed little more often (avoid uneaten food), over skimming, large sump, refug. , macro algae, algae scrubber, keeping LR clear of debris, mechanical filtering (carbon and or nitrate remover), and probably a few more ways.
So to answer your question yes and no depends on how much you are willing to buy and do to keep levels at 0.

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legoalie31 http:///t/392582/stocking-for-a-30-gal-with-a-10-fuge#post_3487117
I recently switched out my 20 gallon tank with a 30 gallon and kept my same refugium. The rock and sand in the tank has been alive for at least 3 years now, and I put some new fish in the tank. My stocking is : 1 purple firefish, 1 black clown, 1 tiny clown goby, 1 sixline wrasse and a blue tang(only an inch and a half and I plan on moving him to my 80 gallon in a few months). I've heard of the inch per gallon rule, but I'm still a little hesitant. I want to add another clown and firefish to pair those fish up, and maybe a coral beauty a while on down the road. is this too much on the bioload? My parameters are perfect, and have been very stable since the move. All of my corals are vibrant and healthy. Just looking for someone else's opinion other than the fish store, who I know will most likely tell me it will be fine for the sale.
Thanks
Quote:
Bio Load, depends on a lot of different elements. Type of fish: what they eat, how they eat, size of fish: young, old, how much food you feed tank, clean up crew: quantity and type and probably few more things. Way's to help your bio load, water changes, feed little more often (avoid uneaten food), over skimming, large sump, refug. , macro algae, algae scrubber, keeping LR clear of debris, mechanical filtering (carbon and or nitrate remover), and probably a few more ways.
So to answer your question yes and no depends on how much you are willing to buy and do to keep levels at 0.
Just as Mr. Limpid is saying the inch per gallon rule holds no water (pun completely intended!!) LOL
With that being said, you should be able to do a pair of clowns and maybe add the coral beauty down the line. BUT you will have to keep up on the WC's to keep the parameters up. Do you use a skimmer??? That would help as well.
Got any pics of the new set up?? We love Pics!!