Stocking Ideas

psusocr1

o.k so heres my list now
shark
russles lion
ray
kole tang
next i want to add a foxface, and last i want to add a purple tang
can anyone give me ideas on maybe one more tang? or maybe somethign else that would get along. i dont want to overstock but i think i can put one more tang in there....there also moving to their new home in about 3 months(500 gal.)

psusocr1

o.k so how does this sound
large gold stripe marron clow
then a foxface
then a purple tang
then a M. Grouper( by this time ill probably already have my 500 built since i have to waut 2-3 weeks for each fish to be added)

jr2857

good stocking list but the clown might eventually get eaten once the shark is at max size. the miniatus grouper will probably eat the clown as well. you could add some more fish to a 500 gallon. what are the demensions?

aw2

I would not add a Foxface. I've had bad experiances with those and I'll never own one again. You can run a great risk of your shark getting stung, by the Foxface, and it'll most likely die.
I had a hug, 12" Porky that got stung by 6" Foxface, that I had taken in as a refugee. It was purely by accident, but the Pork survived for only 3 days before dying...and that's after I moved him to a QT tank and started very aggressive antibiotics.

psusocr1

i dont know if a 28 inch shark will eat a 6 inch clown,, seems kinda big to fit in his mouth, but maybe we will find out!!
and aw thanks for the advice, it will be somethign for me to think about.
any other ideas as to what ic ould get?

S

surfinusa

an eel would be cool but im not sure if you can keep eels with sharks or rays

S

surfinusa

yeah some people just want fish that actually swim eels dont really swim mine does not barely swim at all hes a rock patatoe he hust stares at me it gives me the chills if every time i move my head he moves his head man it is creepy :scared: :scared:

boalgf

AW must have had case of bad luck with his foxface. Even when mine is getting bullied by my emp angel he never actually stings anything. My foxface has been in the tank since the beginning and I've never had aggression problems from him and no stinging incidents either. Sweetest fish in the tank.

unleashed

i love the foxfaces, in a 500 i dont think thy will have a problem. as for the shark and the clown depending on type of shark your getting .but your more likely to lose the clown to the grouper before the shark gets to him.but in all reality you should worry about having the tank up ad running and fully cycled before worrying about stocking it