Stocking Ideas?

Y

yae4volcom

My 12 gallon Eclipse is currently cycling with 17 lb of Fiji and some Arag-Alive sand and I think it should be done in around two weeks. Anyway I am pretty sure on what I want to stock my tank with but I still need some help and ideas.
I'm going to get around 3 fish when the tank is fully stocked.
-True Perculia Clown
-Purple Firefish Goby
-Bangaii Cardinal
-6-Line Wrasse
-Blue Spotted Jaw-fish
The top two are fish that I'm deffiantely set on but I can't decide on which one I'm going to choose of the bottom three.
I was wondering which fish I should add first. I know about the whole bio-load thing so I'm only going to get one for the first 5 months or so. Does it matter which one I add first?
I was also wondering, because I have to spend 75 dollars, what else I should get. I really wanted a skunk shrimp, a group of sexy shrimp, and a pistol shrimp. As for a clean-up crew what kind of snails should I look at for a small tank and how many would I need. Thanx
-Jason-

seschaefer

just a quick, question, about how much did it cost you to get the 12 gallon tank going.. just a ball park figure would be great.... looking to get started in a college dorm room..
thanks
sean

Y

yae4volcom

Seschaefer, I think it would be the perfect tank for colledge. I went to the website and looked up all the prices for you.-Eclipse 12 Gallon tank $90 -Ebo-Jager 50 watt heater $15
-Rio 600 powerhead $15

-Custom Sea Life 32 watt kit $60

-Instant Ocean 55 G salt mix $12

-Test Kit $25

-Hydro-meter $10

Total=$227

Thats all the equipment you need to set up your tank! Of course thats a pretty basic list and you will need some other things like nets and additives. 12 gallons of purified water is around 8 bucks.
As for filling the tank up it will probably be another 200.
My 17 lb of cured Fiji LR was around 90 bucks. Southdown sand is extremely cheap. Fish won't cost you too much but if you decide to get corals later on you will need some more money.
I hope that helped ~Jason~

Y

yae4volcom

Bump
I wanted to know if a 6-line could fit in a 12
And does anyone know about blue-spotted jaws?

Y

yae4volcom

Hahaha yup Aspen does get pretty cold but I love it here. Last week it was in the mid 70's but its starting too cool down. There is even a pet store that sells SWF which is suprising because the residental population is about 7000. I would keep a heater anyway just in-case. Mine is kind of bulky but I am pretty sure I'm getting a fuge soon so ill just toss it in there. Any more info would be great!

usddlroller

Hey for the bottom set of fish i would suggest the blue spotted jawfish they are really cool and you should put it in first to give it time to dig is burrow by the way how deep is your sand bed
as for the six line i think i want one fof my 72 bow so if any one has info on them and are they goodtank mates for jawfish i heard that they are very active :D