Stocking List Help

F

forenman

I am starting up a 90 g tank and I cant decide whether or not i want it to be aggressive or not and was just wondering if anyone can list fish that are compatable with eachother and would also fit in my tank with live rock

psusocr1

a 90 gallon is kind of small for really neat agressives but you can do a dwarf lion, a smaller puffer.. things like this

N

nereef

let's see what i can do:
fuzzy dwarf lion
zebra moray eel
maroon clown
lemon peel angel
flame hawk

katiev

I think anything less than 125g is put to better use as a reef tank. Like psusocr1 said, a 90g aggressive is extremely limited. Most fish that people would choose for an aggressive tank will become too large to be happy in a 90g. My suggestion would be a valentini puffer and maybe some schooling fish such as chromis -- a valentini would be quite happy in a 90g with live rock and some corals here and there, and schooling fish would give you some activity in the tank, as you would have if it were an aggressive.

psusocr1

i dont know about a zebra moray.. they get GIGANTIC and FAT...i think a 90 might be a bit on the smaller side but i may be wrong

N

nereef

you could be right, psusocr1. but as far as morays go, i wouldn't call under 3 feet gigantic.

glibgoat

I started with an "aggressive" 65 tank. Prob my biggest mistake to date in this hobby. The fun aggressives need 125-150. You can keep some small aggressives but ultimately they grow too big. Wasted 6 months and a great deal of cash on a tank that never really had a chance to develop. Reefing is fun. My concern was that the reef fish wouldn't have the personality I was looking for. I was wrong. These fish are fun too!

garnet13aj

If you are interested in an agressive or semiagressive a snowflake eel would be a good choice, they eat primarily crustaceans and would definitely fit in a 90.
If you narrow down your interests a bit (color, size, temperment) I'm sure people could give you some good options.

psusocr1

NEreef you could be right, psusocr1. but as far as morays go, i wouldn't call under 3 feet gigantic
haha ia gree 100% , i have real close to a three footer on my hand in a 300 gallon right now and hes HUGE to me , let alone some of those greens out there!

stsweene

Originally Posted by Glibgoat
I started with an "aggressive" 65 tank. Prob my biggest mistake to date in this hobby. The fun aggressives need 125-150. You can keep some small aggressives but ultimately they grow too big. Wasted 6 months and a great deal of cash on a tank that never really had a chance to develop. Reefing is fun. My concern was that the reef fish wouldn't have the personality I was looking for. I was wrong. These fish are fun too!

haha .. agree completly... or until your porky puffer starts eating your other fish... then its adios amigo.... hello reef land... smaller fish are just as cool plus you can add more of them...