stocking list

ems101

Hey gang it's been a while since i've been here.
I've got a 125 G tank with LR right now I have
1 spider crab
1 yellow tang
1 stripped damsel
1 Nemo (dont know how to write oscellaris clown)oops
1 cleaner shrimp
1 royal gramma
The question is, I've got about 4" of fish in there right now, how much more can I put in there before it gets too crowded?
I was looking at 2-3 Black and White Butterfly
1 Blue Tang
1 Emperator Angel
and I really like the ribbon eel
I know this is too much at one time but will this stock be ok? Or too much?
And is the Eel going to agree with everything else?

guineawhop

scratch the blue tang, get the emperor and maybe 1 butterfly and that should cap you. inches of fish really don't apply to saltwater. it depends on the species you are talking about.

feixjai

i wouldnt put that much fish in there because when they get big they need even more room unless you sell them.

I

italianwjt

well i have been told that a good rule of thumb is 1 inch of fish for every 10 gallons. so if u have a 125g tank then you would be safe with 12.5 inches of fish.

T

tizzo

You are correct with your inches of fish rule, however that rule includes the length at adulthood. That being said, I think you have enough room to add those other 2, my concern would be that the yellow tang will fight the new blue. But if the yellow is new or small, then you should be fine.
You will only have 6 fish right?? A damsel, an ocellaris, and a royal gramma are and will always be small.
The eel, I don't know much about. You'd get a more accurate response for him in the aggresive forum.
HTH

Y

yeffre kix

Forget the ribbon eel, although beautiful it wont survive in a tank for long.