Stocking list?

planemechfj

I will be getting a 125 within the next 3 to 4 months and wanted to plan a fish stocking list. Below is the list if I could have everything I wanted. I would like some help with what will work and what will not.
I understand the need of the mandarin and red scooter blenny for a "mature" tank and this is not of concern they would just be added later.
The tank will eventually hold lots of LPS and a lot of inverts.
thanks
clownfish 2 6"
banggai cardnial 2 6"
blue green chromis 9 27"
black cap basslet 1 4"
yasha goby 1 3"
mandarin fish 2 8"
lawnmower blenny 1 5"
red scooter blenny 2 6"
green wrasse 1 8"
purple tang 1 10"
mimic tang 1 8"
purple pseudochromis 1 3"
24 94"
If you went by the inch rule this would be great, but 24 seems like a lot of fish. If the list needs cutting down help me reach a reasonable list that will work in a 125 mixed reef.

dmanatee

before some one jumps on you, they "inch rule", only applies to fresh water species. Salt water fish have tank sizes determined by type of fish (open ocean, reef, mangrove, etc) size of over all fish, attitude of fish, and more.
Now as for your list, I will let some one more experienced than me answer your question about stocking.

planemechfj

So I can use the inch rule on freshwater tank?
never mind my earlier post I am just gonna go freshwater its way easier.

WebRep
currentVote
noRating
noWeight

S

saxman

You really still need to consider the fish's overall shape and mass. For instance, a 4" goldfish is a lot more bioload than a 4" kuhli loach, yet by the 1" rule, they'd put the same load on the tank, so you can see this is flawed thinking.

jay0705

U can "over" stock a tank and be fine. Saying this I don't mean a hundred fish.but if going in you know your gona push your limits first upgrade your filtration. If u stick w the 125 I'd run 2 filters rated for at least a 100 gal per. Also keep on water changes and add fish slowly!!!!!!!! A couple a month maybe 4 a month until u get ur total