Stocking the Biocube 29

lukeg1981

I have absolutely no fish in my Biocube 29, only coral (kenya tree, zoanthids, birds nest, frogspawn). I'm looking to start stocking the tank slowly. I looking for a recommendation of a complete group of compatible fish. For example: 1 clown fish, 1 royal gramma and three chromis.

lubeck

I think you would be ok with that. I have a 32 with 2 black clowns, three chromis and a flame angel. I don't think my tank is big enough for the chromis to swim though. I also have a gum drop goby who only gets 1.5" tops. I have a 20 gal sump as well with a decent skimmer that helps with the bio load.
I should have waited to add the angel another 6 months as he is a lil aggressive towards the others.

btldreef

The stock list you listed would be okay, but the chromis would probably kill each other over time.
I really like blennies, especially in Nanos. A bicolor or Tailspot would be nice.
How about a bottom dwelling goby?
I keep forgetting to recommend these guys: red striped goby
I have a bunch in my 180. They're TINY, but very active, especially at night and their red glows under my moonlights. They add a nice change to the tank.

btldreef

Lubeck, that Flame is aggressive because of the size tank. Flames can grow to 6" and are more of a deep water and open water swimmer than many other dwarf angels. How long have you had it?

lubeck

Couple months. It's a nipper so I'm not sure how long I will keep it. I have huge caves for it which it enjoys