stocking

sh4n

Hello, I need some advice on stocking my tank.
reef tank
6 ft tall 250 gal with 40 gal sump
at the moment i only have 2 clown fish, blue tang, blue starfish, red starfish and hermits/snails
i would like some easy to care for fish which are bright coloured, reef and invert safe
im interested in:
Gold Head Sleeper Goby
Longnose Hawkfish (not reefsafe?)
purple dottyback
flame angel, coral beauty, koran angel, queen angel or bi color- one of these (not reefsafe?)
sixline wrasse or fairy wrasse
purple tang (agressive?)
Achilles Tang (agressive?)
yellow tang
2 Banggai Cardinal
2 helfrichi Firefish Goby
shrimps
i know this is all to much for my tank but these are fish that i like and wanted some feedback on, otherwise some suggestions would be awesome, thanks

flower

When you consider that a single fish can cost over $100.00 or wipe out thousands of dollars in other livestock...These books should be a must have for anyone stocking their tank. Best books I ever owned for the hobby, and when it comes to stocking my tank...worth it's weight in gold.

AND A PAGE SO YOU CAN SEE THE INFO IT HAS IN IT

It's twin for inverts...

a page

peasofme

Quote:
purple dottyback semi aggressive
flame angel, coral beauty, koran angel, queen angel or bi color- one of these (not reefsafe?)
sixline wrasse semi aggressive, not invert safe
2 Banggai Cardinal, mated pair
2 helfrichi Firefish Goby, mated pair
shrimps, peppermint not reef safe
what you know about tangs is correct

btldreef

Hello, I need some advice on stocking my tank.
reef tank
6 ft tall 250 gal with 40 gal sump
at the moment i only have 2 clown fish, blue tang, blue starfish, red starfish and hermits/snails
i would like some easy to care for fish which are bright coloured, reef and invert safe
im interested in:
Gold Head Sleeper Goby
purple dottyback
sixline wrasse or fairy wrasse
purple tang (agressive?)
Achilles Tang (agressive?)
yellow tang
2 Banggai Cardinal
2 helfrichi Firefish Goby
shrimps
i know this is all to much for my tank but these are fish that i like and wanted some feedback on, otherwise some suggestions would be awesome, thanks

Other than adding two more tangs, you actually shouldn't have too much of an issue adding the rest of those fish. The Purple Tang would probably be the wiser choice than the Achilles, but the Achilles is beautiful!
Of the angels, coral beauty is probably considered the most reef safe of the group.
I'd go with a flasher wrasse over a six line, since it's possible that the sixline will pick on the firefish and fight with the dottyback. As for the dottyback, look into a Fridmani rather than the basic purple, they tend to be much less aggressive.
Other fish to consider: anthias (lyretails should do well), Blenny, leopard wrasse, yellow Coris wrasse, green banded goby.
If you were able to quarantine the purple and Achilles tangs together, you could probably do both. My concern is the Achilles with the blue tang. Blue tangs are not bullies and often don't do well with more aggressive tangs.

2tangcrazy

I had a powder blue and a yellow tang together and they were fine. Too many tangs in a tank usually not compatible. If you want a peaceful tank go for some anthias they are very peaceful. +1 on the books. Have fun can't wait to get my powder blue. My 180 tank is cycling so all I have in it is green chromis. I keep telling myself patience,patience, patience :^^&:

sh4n

thanks for all the replies, im not planning to add them fast i just wanted to make a goal list of what im planning for next.
@btl 'Blue tangs are not bullies and often don't do well with more aggressive tangs.' thanks for that i think i will just stick with a blue tang and yellow tang then
do firefish jump? if i get another fish in my sump its gonna live in there haha

sh4n

thanks
@flower
ive just purchased the famous book you always post! waiting for shipment :)

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH4N http:///t/389140/stocking#post_3437714
thanks
@flower
ive just purchased the famous book you always post! waiting for shipment :)
Great, you will love that book, it has saved me so much money...LOL..I was in a pet store asking about a fish, and the lady used that book to answer my question, so I asked if they sold that book...instead of a fish that day, I bought the book.