Stocking

thumpco

Hello, I have a 37 gallon reef aquarium, and I am wondering about the fish I want to put in there. Some I know can go together, but I am a little iffy on some. I currently have 2 peppermint shrimp, 1 turbo snail, and 4 maragarita snails. Here is the list of fis I plan on getting in the near future: Harptail Blenny(Or possibly something in place of this one- I hear they bite), Citrus Goby, Black Clown Goby, and Clownfish- all these fish don't require much space. Now here is some food I was thinking about getting (weed out what you will): Prime Reef Flake, Mysis Shrimp, Omega 1 Flake w/Garlic (For immune systems), and/or Formula 2 flake. Thanks!

mr. limpid

Food: I weed out all flake foods, its better to feed frozen, a reef blend; Rod's Coral Blend and formula II or Emerald Entree. I also feed as treats Spectrum marine .
Gobies: since both are from the Gobiodon family the may be an issue, all so may nip at polyps or SPS.

S

saxman

I agree with Jack...flake food is hard on your water quality.
Also, FWIW, those margarita snails are temperate snails that don't live long at tropical temps, so keep an eye on them because you'll want to pull them out promptly when they die (and die they will)...just a heads up. I'd also rethink the turbo unless you have hair algae...they get big and clumsy (if you don't have frags, disregard).

btldreef

I agree about what's been mentioned thus far. The gobies may fight, I'd pick one. You could mix with a different species of goby, such as a green banded goby. Yes, the harptail Blenny is a biter. They can be fairly aggressive when kept with aggressive tank mates. They are a fanged Blenny. I've tried to stay away from the fanged blennies just because it can be an issue.

thumpco

Well I don't have to worry about corals I do not have any. Are you guys saying the Black clown goby and the citrus goby will fight? At least my snails haven't died yet(knock on wood)

btldreef

Yes, it's possible that the citrus and black clown gobies could be an issue together.
The firefish would be a better choice, and would be fine with either a citrus or black goby.

thumpco

Ok. I have a firefish goby. I just cannot have a citrus and black goby? I have to be extra sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///t/389216/stocking#post_3438541
Yes, it's possible that the citrus and black clown gobies could be an issue together.
The firefish would be a better choice, and would be fine with either a citrus or black goby.