Stocklist for 150 gallon FOWLR tank.

chris577

Please tell me what you think. Tank is 150 gallons, 4 feet long, 2 feet wide, 2 1/2 feet tall.
1 Violin lionfish ( I know its not the proper name but the big one)
1 Yellow tang
1 cleaner wrasse
1 wrasse (not sure what kind)
1 Marron clownfish
1 Hippo tang
1 Flame angel (to small for lionfish?)
1 Lemon peel angel (to small for lionfish?)
1 Zebra moray eel
Thanks for your help!

teds tank

1 Violin lionfish (Volitain lionfish, you were close)
1 Yellow tang(Tangs don't do so well in 4feet tanks)=(
1 cleaner wrasse(will be lunch)
1 wrasse (not sure what kind)(most will be eaten large ones will pick on the lion)
1 Marron clownfish(i was told these will be eaten but i seen tanks with clowns and lions living togather)
1 Hippo tang(simply to big)
1 Flame angel (to small for lionfish?)(lunch)
1 Lemon peel angel (to small for lionfish?)(i can't remembre this angle off the top of my head but it's probaly lunch)
1 Zebra moray eel
sorry to rain on your parade

teds tank

if you want dwarf angles you could go with a smaller lion like an antenneta lion fish,or dwarf lion these would allow for more options in fishsome fish that are compatible with volitains
most tangs

blue jaw trigger
pinktail trigger

crosshatch trigger

sargassum trigger

Harlequin tusk
some wrasses(i might of been to hasty with my above comment some large wrasses on this sight are labled as peaceful these wrasses could work)
Foxface
Blueface angle
(this is supossed to be a shy peacful angle)
mystery angle(another shy angle)
bicolar angle(the biggest of dwarf angles)
stuff in bold might be to big for tank
hopfuly someone with more experence will chime in

chris577

Thanks Ted. I like the triggers but I have always heard that the nip on the fins of the lionfish and kill them. I also forgot about the Harlequin tusk but I do like them. I might have to get a smaller lion but I love the big ones. Thanks for your help.

teds tank

no problem
i know for certain that the bluejaw and pinktail will not attack the lion(at least thats what i'm told)
the crosshatch trigger and sargassum trigger is a educated guess i made with there personalities and others recomending them for reef tanks.but they cost a bit
if you want a big lion go for it i'm planing a 120 48"24"25" with two volitains a foxface and a third fish(harliquen, blue jaw or purple tang)