stoking a 1 gallon

komedyking

I just set up my 1 gallon nano and after im done letting it cycle i was wondering what all kind of livestock can i put in it? ANy suggestions

spline9

Cleaner shrimp only until it gets too big for it.
Hermits are good, some corals like zoas and mushrooms do well. Sexy shrimp are also good because they are small.

flatzboy

Originally posted by JacknJill
a cleaner shrimp

No way!! A cleaner shrimp will be very cramped in a 1g.... He won't be able to roam around at night.... I don't even think a sexy shrimp will be comfortable in a 1g... I'd just stick to coral and a snail.:D

jacknjill

one guy on here has a cleaner shrimp in a .5 gallon tank. hed be fine temporarily. the hard part would be keeping the salt level stable

lefty

Why would anyone get something specifically for a certain tank only to have it in there temporarily? I'd stick with a crab and a snail or two. :)
-lefty

john bowell

I had a 1 gal. nano tank for 8 months. Changed the water out (1/4) gal every 2 weeks. topped off the tank every 2 days or so. I had an Emerald Crad 2 nassarius snails 2 blue hermits and a very tiny hippo tang. Also I had nice little setup of live rock, sand and a 13Watt 50/50 comp. fl. When the hippo got too big I took it out and put it into my 90 gal.
It worked fine and nothing died. I just felt bad because it seemed awfully small. But they ALL lived fine.

john bowell

Actually the tang was about the size of a nickel. He was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! I miss him, I traded him for a Powder Blue.

john bowell

well, think what you want, I actually DID IT and observed the habitat of the animal and watched every day to see if there was any discomfort or stress and there was not. If there was she would've been taken out. And as it goes, she got bigger and I had to take her out anyway. SO when you have tried it yourself and successfully cultivated a baby Hippo, then give me a call. Until then SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, because you are just a player hater!

jacknjill

a player hater? hmmmm, i didnt know we where on the bad side of town...
if you raised it good for you, im just saying, you shouldnt have a hippo in a 1 gallon for any amount of time. and you didnt. is the powder blue in a 90?

john bowell

LOL! why?.... is the 90 not big enough for the Powder Blue?
Anyway, I Guess it would shock you to know that I have 20 Blue/Green Chromis, a Powder Blue, Cleaner Warsse, Copperband Butterfly, Maroon Clown, Lawnmower Blenny, Green Mandarin, Percula Clown, Coral Banded, 5 Mythrix crabs, 75 Blue leggs, 7 scarlet, 10 astrea, 15 nassarius, 1 horshe shoe, 1 green brittle, 1 blue linkia, 3 camel back, 1 arrow, 3 feather dusters, 2 hatian pink tipped, a pencil urchin and another small brittle star in my 90 gal. They live fine and are SOOOOOOOOO happy! I worry about the posts that say..."You need to really cut back on the animals you have in your tank, I feel as though there might be overcrowding there and stress might overcome the poor creatures and then they might die. "
Hello.......................If I thought at any time my animals in my completely viable ecosystem of a tank were having anxiety, I wopuld take them out (period). This is just NOT the case. SO for those of you that think otherwise, I am living proof that if you take good care of your tank, ALL your inhabitants will live a long HEALTHY life! Nothing against you, just my PERSONAL experiences with my saltwater hobby!