Stop and look at your tank part two

florida joe

Originally Posted by Scopus Tang
http:///forum/post/2902870
Yeah might have to think about the butterfly, never had one before. Tried the Joe's Juice, Aiptasia control, and the peppermint shrimps - no go, course I think you have to be somewhat regular in the application, and I just haven't had the time. Teaching is actually going fine; Firefighter/EMT is a long story, but the short version is I got myself appointed as a board member for a brand new fire district (formed in the area where I live), so I've ended up becoming a volunteer firefighter and am pursing the EMT (I was actually premed in college, life just happens) just because. Don't see it going anywhere besides volunteer, but who knows what life holds in store

Joe, very sorry to hear that - wonder if it was the wild collected sand? I've heard that they are actually helpful in controlling nitrogen levels if you can keep the darn things out of the DT; hopefully you've been able to do that. I hate aiptasia!
So far they are contained in the refugium. I also feel they are beneficial if they can be isolated from the DT. So far its just the rouge one or two that crop up every now and then.

maryg

I do this (magnifying glass/flashlight) every night. My family thinks I am psycho. I don't care. I see something new every night. Mainly I am just checking on the Pod population because I have a Mandarin.

natclanwy

Originally Posted by Scopus Tang
http:///forum/post/2902870
Yeah might have to think about the butterfly, never had one before. Tried the Joe's Juice, Aiptasia control, and the peppermint shrimps - no go, course I think you have to be somewhat regular in the application, and I just haven't had the time. Teaching is actually going fine; Firefighter/EMT is a long story, but the short version is I got myself appointed as a board member for a brand new fire district (formed in the area where I live), so I've ended up becoming a volunteer firefighter and am pursing the EMT (I was actually premed in college, life just happens) just because. Don't see it going anywhere besides volunteer, but who knows what life holds in store

Randy, just keep after it I have got plenty of Joes Juice, picked up 3 more cans of pickling lime so I can make as much as you need. To get ahead of mine I finally started treating every aiptasia that I could see which meant I was using 25ml or more of solution at a time to get ahead of the problem and I would do that once week so if you can find 30 minutes once a week you could get ahead of the problem within month or so. Just be sure you keep an eye on your PH, if you need a digital meter I can loan you mine since I have a monitor now I don't use it much. I would be willing to help you treat them if need be too, I've got plenty of experience

scopus tang

Originally Posted by natclanwy
http:///forum/post/2904464
Randy, just keep after it I have got plenty of Joes Juice, picked up 3 more cans of pickling lime so I can make as much as you need. To get ahead of mine I finally started treating every aiptasia that I could see which meant I was using 25ml or more of solution at a time to get ahead of the problem and I would do that once week so if you can find 30 minutes once a week you could get ahead of the problem within month or so. Just be sure you keep an eye on your PH, if you need a digital meter I can loan you mine since I have a monitor now I don't use it much. I would be willing to help you treat them if need be too, I've got plenty of experience
Thanks John, I really need to set aside some time at least once a week to do a little tank maintance, as I want to get some updated pics posted. Even with all the problems, the rics and monti are showing great growth, but I'm not about to post a pic till I get things cleaned up a little. Can't even tell you when the last time was that I tested my chemical levels