Storing LS

weasel

So I am in the process of setting up my new 75g and I found a great deal on some used LS. The only problem is that I am also just starting to cure my DIY LR. So I was wondering what is the best way to store 100 lbs of LS for 6-8 weeks? Or should I just let it dry out and seed it later? The tank is empty so I could put in the LS now, but I don't have my sump/fuge ready yet. Will a couple of powerheads and a heater be enough to keep the sand live?
Thanks

jesikarose

I put mine in a bucket with water to cover it... i was told it would be ok for a week... but i am not sure... Mine worked out Great!!!

weasel

thanks for the help... anyone else? Please help me out with this one... I can't find much help with the search.

royalgamma

as long as you feed it something here and there( fish food, shrimp,etc.) and do a water change every other week it should be ok

gsd

Just put it in the tank with a few inches of water over it and a power head and it will do just fine......I keep lots of sand in a 75 gal tank for months on end as I accumulate it and never have done a water change on it. Just top off and keep it aerated with a power head. I throw in chunks of LR rubble etc as I acquite it as well. IMHO its a shame to allow good live sand or rock to die when its so easy to keep alive.