Storing Premixed Saltwater

shawn_dude

How long can you store premixed saltwater? I have 4- five gallon bottles of premixed saltwater that I made over a week ago. Is it still good or do I have to make a new batch?
Thanks

tlk

what is the point of storing mixed saltwater? If you are using ro/di water, there is no chlorine to evaporate off. Does the salt dissolve more completely over two days than say over two hours? (This is a serious question) Just trying to learn. :)

stumpdog

Shawn-
The sharks don't lie. If you can't aerate it use it. I asked a similar question a few days back and received similar responses.
Jeremy

shawn_dude

First of all thanks for your responses. I guess I should further explain why I have premixed saltwater in 5 ga bottles. I recently had to move from apartment to apartment. My initial intention was to get my tank up and running ASAP using the water immediately. On the other hand I'm going on vacation this week so I decided to hold off until I return. Having said that, I do have a tank in my office that's due a water change this week and wanted to use that water if it was safe to do so, therefore I asked the board. Should I test the waters PH and aerate it before use or dump it? If it's unsafe I have no problem making up a new batch but would hate to dump it if it's usable. Need a firm recommendation.
Thanks All