Story ideas, suggestions welcome!

moby

Hi guys,
I have posted in the past some very short stories. The response has been very nice. Thank you for all the great feedback. Writers live for that sort of thing!
So I have an idea, if everyone would like to play along. I am currently burned out on my two books in the works and thought I would take a short break. In the mean time I would like to write some short stories just for fun with your input!
So heres what you do, give me a list. Just a short one with a character, time place and what type of story you want it to be, i.e. comedy, drama, horror etc. and I will write a short story(about 1000 words) with your ideas.
Heck it could even be a story about your aquarium with your fish as the main characters!
Here is an example,
Main character- Angus Mcgregor, investigator
Time- 1950's
Genre- horror
Be creative, make it tough. I will pick one and write it, then post it and you guys critique it.
Keep in mind, I have a full regular schedule also, so it will take several days to come up with the story and a few days or weeks to write it.
This should be fun, so let me know what you have!
Moby

ray28576

Time- Present
Genera-Horror
Main Character-Abadean Okrotnie (LOL IDK) Scientist
Setting-Old lab on top of the hill. With one light on all the time.

mimzy

Moby, AWESOME idea. Awesome POSSUM. Here's my premise:
A story from the point of view of an inanimate object (ie; stone wall, teapot, antique chair, entire room itself), that's been in one house over many years and has watched over the trials and tribulations of the generations passing by.
My only request is that it NOT be in first person (person being the object).
Can't wait to see who's ideas you choose and the resulting stories!!!! :jumping:

hot883

Originally Posted by Mimzy
Moby, AWESOME idea. Awesome POSSUM. Here's my premise:
A story from the point of view of an inanimate object (ie; stone wall, teapot, antique chair, entire room itself), that's been in one house over many years and has watched over the trials and tribulations of the generations passing by.
My only request is that it NOT be in first person (person being the object).
Can't wait to see who's ideas you choose and the resulting stories!!!! :jumping:
How cool is that idea Mimzy Wimzy. That would be very unusual indeed. BTW, my sister says "awesome possum"!

fishfatty

Time- Present
Genera-Horror
Main Character- Wicked witch of the west (hollywood)
Setting-anywhere you want.
Just like the wizard of oz, but substitute the wicked witch of the west's character for hollywood, and have the basis of the story to revolve around technology, and its negative infulences on adolescents. The wicked witch of the west would be the film makers, and the negative things they are producing for children, and how it effects them!

sepulatian

Time - future
genera-fiction
main character-A guy who is content with his life thus far, untill it takes an ugly turn for the worse
Setting- he is looking at his aquarium and someone in there isn't doin too well, but he can't figure out why..........and then he remembers what to do in a situation like this........................he thinks.............. I need to call that a**hole!lol
Sorry Moby no good thoughts for a story right now!

drewsta

Time- 1950's
Theme-Action/Drama
Main Character- Joe Mavinchi
Story- Tell the tale of an ex mobster who has a normal life and gets sucked back in after his family is murdered in front of him, for no good reason.

I don't know its the best I could come up with at 2:30am

mrdc

Time- Present
Theme-Action/Drama
Main Characters- Few cops and a staged victim
Story- A few cops and a civilian hatch a plan where they will stage a beating where someone is filming it (AKA another Rodney King incident). They are all in it together with the intention of getting millions from the city and they will all split it later after the cops do some brief time in prison. However, the victim takes the money and runs and the chase begins. Also, greed develops between the cops too.

moby

WOW!
I did not realize we had so many imaginative folks on the forum!

Good stuff so far, I think I will wait until next Friday and then pick. This way, it will give everyone time to think of a story and send it if they want to.
Multiple ideas are great, so if you come up with an idea you think is better then the first one, send it!
I think this is going be fun! Thanks to everyone who has sent an idea so far.
Moby ***)