Strange but True

rane

Ok as most problably know I have been battling ICH, I tried kick ich and it seemed like it wasnt working I lost my kole tang he is MIA I think the ich killed him and the clean up crew got him he is nowhere to be found, what I have realized is that one week after the treatment of kick ich I noticed that my yellow,hippo,and PB tangs have no spots on them and are not scratching anymore. they are getting there colors back, now I have also been feeding the brine shrimp soaked in Kents garlic maybe that has also helped, my corals are also fine, I just have the red cyno again on my sand bed, my question is, is the ich gone in my tank? if I get new fish and QT them and added them to my tank will he be infected? is the ich gone from my tank or is it just waiting for new bait?...sorry for the long post, and thanks to all for the help, I almost quit in fact I would have if all my fish would have died. So is ICH still in my tank? I am going to give it another cycle of kick ich just in case.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Kick ich is not a realiable medication; at best it works sometimes, and most times not.
I suggest that you don't add any more fish for at least 2 mos to see what the results are. If you are fine, then you try adding more fish.
Better to QT all new incoming fish. Then you will not have this problem.

D

daniel411

I read in a magazine article that ich has a 30 (I believe, can't recall off hand) life cycle from it hatching and being noticeable.
OT: Is that you doing the high chair wheelie in the other hobby pics? Pretty sweet, I just got back from the 1096 stuntfest earlier today! Pictures are developed and sitting right next to me... oh if only I had a scanner at work lol.

S

simm

Originally posted by Beth
Kick ich is not a realiable medication; at best it works sometimes, and most times not.

yea kick ich killed most of every thing in my tank. Once you start kick ich you have to continue to use it. You stop and ick comes back. Just my experiance. I thought when I first started QT was a joke but it really is not when you take time to acclimate and QT new arrivals.