strange ocellris behavior

This may or may not be odd, but I've never seen it. This morning when I got up and turned on my lights I found my ocellris had jumped over the back wall and was stuck in the bio-ball chamber. I have no idea how long he was here but he seem ok right now. We are gonna watch him pretty close today to see if he acts hurt at all. Has anyone seen this behavior and is there anything we should look for? He really lived up to the name Nemo!

lmecher

I have had similar situations. What kind of tank, is it a cube? I have a biocube. I have the cover removed and cut a piece of plexiglass to fit perfectly over the front display area leaving the filtering area open. The gap between the side and top now is 0, now no one is jumping ship.
This same thing happened to my onyx. My little fish was laying on the filter pad, thankfully it was a little dirty and had a little pooling water to keep my fish wet. Mine was fine after the incident but you should make sure it dose not happen again and cover your tank.
All you can do is watch him, if he is swimming and eating normally, will probably be fine.

It is a 29 gallon bio-cube. He seemed a bit slow this morning before I came to work but my wife is keeping an eye on him for me. She has not texted me to tell me any bad news so hopefully the little guy will be ok.