strange vermitid outbreak

zap800

ok i am having a slight outbreak on what look to me like vermitid snails. they showed up on my powerhead brackets, in my skimmer, on alot of rocks just everywhere. i would say there are about 20 of them in my tank now when i had like one 2 weeks ago. ill try to get a pic if anyone wants to see

ryand

they might be breeding thats what the snails in my fw tank do quite often i had like 10 at first and now i have to have at least 50 look for little sacks of eggs along your glass towards the bottom or in your rock stucture

ryand

for your breed of snail probly mine has a clear sack and you can wach there shells get bigger every day wach it carefully and if they form into snails then you have found your problem

zap800

mine are vermitid snails they have no shell and just a tube that sticks out. i know you have seen them.

j trigger

Hmm... I have something similar looking to those long tubes growing out of my LR... Only 2, but one has came down from my LR and is growing down into my sandbed...

zap800

yes they have one large tube but the base has a ton of little fingers sticking out, and its all white. i dont think its apistia but ill try to get a pick up.