stranger in tank

salsells

Yes the little white worm, i have about three on the glass, could they be snails that have left their shells?????

salsells

just look like little white worms not even a 1/4 inch long and travel around glass. I do not see them now so do not know if they got eaten or are hiding. will try to get better pic if see them again. little antenas sticking out of head, but they are really small.

angelsrock

looks like a type of nudibranch to me, but i wouldn't worry about them as they have a very specific type of food they like to eat and usually is a destructive food habit such as eating sponges, corals... but it depends on the kind of nudibranch and it's hard to say what kind it is as there are around 250 different kinds.

T

thomas712

Can you get us a closer shot? If it is a white nudibranch called Tritoniopsis Elegans, then you may want to remove it and look for others.

T

thomas712

Sill can't tell, take a look a these pics and tell me if this is what it is.

salsells

similar but doesn't have the lace effect but has to little anteni on what i guess is the head. I think i will remove to be on the safe side, i have seen 3 of them at different times.

T

thomas712

The particular one that I poste is called Tritoniopsis elegans, they tend to eat soft corals. I'm not sure of the one you have.

salsells

well i have several soft corals so solong nudi...Thanks a bunch, u really learn a lot on this site.
:happyfish

promisetbg

Look closely at them,if it appears to have a small shell on it's back that is a stomatella...it's a good guy!

keleighr

Hey my friend's tank is poppping up with something that does look like a snail with out a shell but it doesn't look like the pictures included in this thread. Does anyone else have an idea if this is something good or bad for the tank???
It almost has the flattned look of a Roly Poly as well????

bigarn

Hey ... how come I don't see any pics? :notsure:
kelieghr .... that sounds like a stomatella varia snail ... beneficial harmless algae grazers.

keleighr

:notsure: Cause I am stuck at work right now. Also
I still have to figure out 1. How to work my digital Camera!!! 2. how to put the pics on here!!
I know....I know.......sad.
Ok cause I am helping him do a water change tonight and we were prepared to............well I don't want PETA to hunt me down so I won't finish this sentence.......
He thinks it came off of his live rock???