strangers in the night!

clint_reno

I recently moved my desk so my tank sits beside me, as opposed to the previous situation, where it was behind me. Now I can observe my tank, while I surf on the computer.
Something strange happened tonight.
Once I turned out the tank lights, and started surfing, some strange, freaky object starting darting about the tank. It moved fast, and moved unlike any current known critter in my set-up.
I only have two fish in the tank, and I am certain it was not one of them. I know peppermint shrimp can move quickly, but this was more of a substained darting.
Are there others out there that have strange tank stories? You know, UTC: Unidentified Tank Critters!
I would really like to hear other stories of unusual guests.
:yes:

fmelindy

this happens to me regularly as well. In my case, they are very small darty objects. I was assuming they were amphipods because there are a lot of them in my LR. It's the only thing I could see that it could be. They are definitely shrimpy type creatures.

s.reef

It was probably amphropods or copepods. Nothing to worry about. Mostr syustems have them.
Sam Reef

T

tizzo

It's probably not, but just as a precaution, I have to tell you...
The same happened to me... Really fast, I saw it then I lost it, saw it, then lost it again.. Gave me the heebie-jeebies... I found out the next day what I was observing...
A tiny piece of paper was in my tank being pushed around by my powerheads, but that's not what I saw... No, no even worse than that...
I saw it's shadow. Yeah, I was all freaked out 'cause some black thing is darting around my tank (under the moonlights is how I found the culprit). Shadow, yup a shadow. Just thank God that I didn't tell anybody, I woulda felt real... wait... gotta-go-bye!!