Strawberry hermit crab

topofsteel

Mine seems to have lost All of it's legs save One claw! I thought it had molted but it's been stationary for a while. I went to move him and that's all he has, one claw! He can't move. If I keep him fed and move him around a bit will he survive until his next molt? And can he grow all of that back at once? Thanks.

anthropo

if he's not dead yet, he probably will be soon. alls i can tell you is there's a chance and that's you feeding him every day till he molts. i'm not sure if they can grow them all at once but i don't see why not. good luck

saltn00b

yes he can come back, but this is a sign that something in your tank has ripped those legs off. he will likely be eaten the next time you look in the tank.

topofsteel

He's alive, him and his claw! There is a huma huma trigger in there. Who by the way has been hiding a lot lately. Either he's really full or injured. They have been together for a year and that crab could take care of himself. I plan to keep him fed, I'll let you know how it works out.

jonthefishguy

You seriously think that your crab cantake care of himself. Apparently not. You put lunch in your tank for your humu. Just cause they got along for so long doesnt mean anything. The humu sees the crab as lunch.

topofsteel

Yea, I'm aware of that. He has charged the Huma on many occasions and one, he was pretty much left alone, until now. I wonder what happened.

topofsteel

I put a frozen cube of either blood worms or shrimp in his shell twice a day and turn him down on it so it won't float off. It eventually melts and spreads through the tank but I'm sure he gets his fill.
He's still very active and doing well but he must be board as hell just sitting in one place all of the time. I'm hoping he'll molt soon. And the Huma still only comes out around feeding time.

topofsteel

Well like I said, it melts and most of it gets away from him. But that's all the food he gets, he cant move around to find food. He can just spin in a circle with his one claw.

topofsteel

He did it!!! He molted and got all of his legs back. I couldn't believe it. They are smaller that they used to be, but they are back. Good for him!