striped hermit crab

T

tygerfifteen

are these safe for my aquarium, i got it with a batch of blue legs(3), and some turbos, will they eat the turbos?
Its a fowlr 77 gallon and the crab is 1 inch
thank again

saltlover

If there are not enough shells for the hermit to change into, it will take the turbo's shell, or it may take the turbo's shell because he likes it!
I have three hermits and six turbo snails in my 80 gallon. I have several shells of different sizes, for the hermits. So far the turbo's are safe.
good luck :)

entice59

zebra hermit?, its pretty aggressive towards other hermits if it wants its shell, i dont know if its reef friendly

doodle1800

I bought some hermits the other day - ugly - plain dark shells. The next morning one of them and dug up an old shell I didn't even know existed (under the crushed coral) that looked very cool and called it his new home. Should I put shells in there a bit larger then the ones they wear now so they have a place to live when they grow?

entice59

you could do that, some people said they tried that but the hermits only went for freshshells with the host still inside, its either a hit or miss, but i would put some shells in there

doodle1800

10 gal tank - 2 damsels. How many crabs do you think I could put in there - different kinds - small... just something other than fish is what I'm thinking..

doodle1800

funny - a small piece of LR. I asked the PS for a small piece and it weighed in at 3 lbs - $26. I didn't get it. I will tonight though. It didn't seem that big though - is LR pretty dense? Fuji I think it was.

marinemarty

Hi, My zebras took over, they are aggressive as heck and killed any new snail withing days. They also wiped out my blue legs. I put them in my refuge for now. my 2 cents
Martin