"Strong flow" def.

breckco.ky

Just wondering what exactly would be strong/med/light flow..... my candy cane has lost 1 head....wondered if it could be due to flow.

05xrunner

well to me strong flow would be if you can see it in the current being moved around with fast sharp movement and it is continuous. kinda like how leaves would look in high wind.
Med flow I think is more of you can see it moving around but its more of a sway around not real swift movement but it def keeps moving all the time, low flow I would say you can see it swaying around but at times it looks like the coral could kinda be just sitting there still with no movement on it. kinda looks real gentle and soft.
thats how I determine the flow in my tanks anyway.

A

alexmir

this is how i define it in my tank
Low- the water is gently moving the coral, very slowly.
medium- coral swaying back and forth in the stream, the polyps do not remain stillat all.
High, looks like the polyps are being blown very strong.
I usually place my hand in the tank where i am placing a coral, that way i know how strong the flow is going to be on the coral.

geoj

What I would do is go around to the local stores and check out what the candy cane looks like and what the flow looks like. Then try and mach the best looking candy cane.