stupid dad

highcottn1

My dumb dad cut the cross bar of my aquarium. he cut it while we wher hooking up ournew mh. he wanted me to put up a post so people can tell me what i can do befor my aquarium gets to much tension and the sids leak. have any of you done this before? if so what did you use to help it get less tension. o yea it is a 46 gallon bowfront

phishin420

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Are you talkign about the base of the tankstand or the actual glass? I had to remove my crossbeam on my stand to get my refugium in there and I jsut made a new 1 with some woods and liquid nails. I don't seem to be having a problem yet... hopefully.

sign guy

Next I needed a new top to compliment the new clear bracket. Using 1/4 inch plexi glass and the original top to trace I made a duplicate with a small door. I first cut the overall size. Then I traced the front. Then notched the back for some plumbing. Then cut the door.

damselsrck

Do you mean the one on top of the tank? The black plastic support thing? I was told to cut mine out for the sake of a metal halide.. but decided not to, so that the guarantee on the tank wouldn't be void. There is the possibility that nothing will go wrong... I would just be more cautious. How? I'm not sure... sorry that I can't be of more help. Good luck!

bojik

Also instead of making it removable you can weldon it into place. Instead of the plastic wing nuts used in those images.