Stupid Tangs and their ick

m0nk

Originally Posted by Integral9
m0nk m0nk,
I think you meant 3-6 weeks. 36 weeks is 9 months. That's a long time to leave you fishes in QT.
Haha, thanks, I actually meant days.

36 days is the likely timeframe for a staggered life cycle, so about 6 weeks is the best time to keep the tank fallow.

D

diegonj

ok thanks... my fish are doing fine in the QT im not sure about the copper tho... lwhen im adding fresh water due to evaporation do I have to add more copper? what about salt water changes?

integral9

I don't think Copper evaporates out. Just h2o. So just add RO water. As far as water changes go. If the tank hasn't had a chance to cycle, then you'll need to monitor the Nitrates and Amonia daily and change as necessary.

saltn00b

wait, were you trying to introduce not just one, but 2 tangs into a 55 gallon tank? a blue and what is the other one? the stress of that cramping alone will be a challenge to deal with.

sepulatian

I have my tangs in a QT with copper... its only a 10 gallon Im gonna setup a 20 Gallon QT this weekend so hyposalinity right? So can I setup the 20 gallon with copper and hyposality? like do the 2 treatments at once or would that be too stressful?
Just so that you are aware, you should never add copper to a tank that is in hyposalinity. Copper is lethal to marine fish at that low of salinity.
I just setup a 20 gallon HT and another 10 gallon next to it ...
Took out all my fish and inverts from my DP, place all the fish in the 20 gallon and the anemone and coral in the 10 Gallon.
This isn't the same 10 gallon that you already put copper into is it?

D

diegonj

No My other 10 gallon is empty... Ik that the copper stays in the silicone.. i heard

D

diegonj

Originally Posted by saltn00b
wait, were you trying to introduce not just one, but 2 tangs into a 55 gallon tank? a blue and what is the other one? the stress of that cramping alone will be a challenge to deal with.
Yeah but the tangs are fine they don't seem to be agressive towards each other they always stick together when I come near the tank.. its a blue and a yellow

saltn00b

unfortunately that wont last long. these fish will quickly outgrow that tank. Tangs are ocean-going fish that need a minimum of 6' of swimming space. good luck.

tcmang

Originally Posted by Beth
http:///forum/post/2403584
FW dips do not cure ich. And while a fish may survive an hour in FW, it will come out highly stressed, and therefore less able to combat the infection you're attempting to rid.
There is no substitute for viable treatment in a quarantine tank.
Please Help! I have a very sick Blue Tang