stupid turbo snails

balashark21

i got 10 turbosnails and only 3 of them clean the rocks!!! the other 7 just go up the glass and sit in the same spot!!! they are worthless!!!(imho)

aarone

they are doing their job. They are eating the algae on the glass, even though you ccant see it, its is there.
aaron

fishman830

yeah i bought 20 and i didnt see any but then i looked in on the water side of the glass and saw alot of it

dacia

I know for a fact that mine are doing their jobs...and quite well. I ordered 10 from this website and put them in the tank this afternoon. I *had* an algae problem on the glass, mainly due to the fact that it is a new tank that just finished the cycle a week and a half ago. Now I can see a trail leading from the sand up the glass to where each snail is...they just cut right through the algae. :D
My ceriths are sifting through the sand as I can already see new "mounds" on the sandbed. My hermits are taking care of what was on the rock with a couple of the astreas.
All in all, I am very pleased with my swf.com order. Trust me, your snails are not going without food. They are keeping the glass just as clean as you want the rocks to be...and they will be.

escape2thewater

I have read somewhere that they are nocturnal, I think. I just hate it when one falls down and gets stuck upside down, then hes pretty much history unless I can see him and flip him over in time. Overall they do a good job in my tank though.
Kyle
:cool: