Sub 1 gal Nano (pic)

drakken

I just set up my first nano. It is a Red Sea Aquavase with a power filter and 7 watt PC light. I cut a piece of acrylic to make a tight fitting cover.
The sand and rock came from my well established 55 reef. I also used very seasoned filter media from the 55.
So far all that is in there is 3 curly-cue anemones that hitched on the rock. I plan to monitor the parameters for a while before adding any critters. Most likely inhabitants will be a hermit crab or 2, some small star polyp frags and a small shrimp like a Sexy. I'm still on the fence about adding a clown goby after the tank stabilizes.
Here it is...

I

innerdragon103

someone help me out here, but dont clown gobies require alot of copepods and stuff in a large tank to feed off of? your goby will starve unless it isnt the type that feeds off that stuff, i'm not too sure of clown goby diet...
:thinking:

drakken

Originally Posted by InnerDragon103
someone help me out here, but dont clown gobies require alot of copepods and stuff in a large tank to feed off of? your goby will starve unless it isnt the type that feeds off that stuff, i'm not too sure of clown goby diet...
I just read a few articles on clown gobies. I won't be putting one in this tank. I'll stick to shrimp and hermit crabs with some polyps.

krazekajin

I think in that small of a tank fish would not do good.
However, I have a small yellow clown goby and he/she eats anything I give it.

drakken

Originally Posted by KrazeKajin
Here is mine
Nice pic!
I was asking if you tank is the same size as mine that has the goby.

nygel

Originally Posted by InnerDragon103
no, they have nothing to do with pods.... you might be mixing a mandarin dragonet with that.... (which if you can handle its strict diet needs, buy one, they are amazing (y))

millerman

my clown goby is like the above and it to is in a 28 gallon bow front like to perck on the heater, what kind of tank is that a mason jar.

drakken

Originally Posted by millerman
, what kind of tank is that a mason jar.
LOL!!! No, it's slightly bigger than a mason jar. :hilarious