sucky morning

sharkboy13

well after a lil looking i found my puffer and mimic tang dead! gnrr first my sfe, then these two! im wondering if the lions gonna kick it soon

mr. limpid

have you tested your water? Sounds like you had a ammonia spike. I suggest testing & water change to save any remaining fish. I check salinity every day in winter months and test water every week or so. Also watching to see if fish are scrathing, this is a sign of somthing wrong too. Hang in there you'll make it.

sharkboy13

i did, my ammonia was 0.25, not exactly a spike per say. i already check my levels once a week, ill start checking salinity now. my lion (only fish left) is acting normal, just sitting being the lazy bum he was born as, stil kinda playing w/ his spines

30-xtra high

i doubt 0.25 would kill them... i'd check the dead fish bodies, look for a little hole, or piece of a spike, mighta been the lion?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
an 0.25 killed em? seems too low
It is .25 now? Check your nitrite and nitrate.

sharkboy13

ok nitrite was something inbetween a zero and an 0.25, closer to zero. the nitrates wer 5. both those readings wer the thing closest to zero

sepulatian

Your ammonia was likely higher than .25 and your nitrite was higher as well. It has broken down since the deaths producing the nitrate. With an ammonia spike and the nitrite spike these two would have killed your fish. The lion should be fine. Did you recenty add new fish? Do you know why you may have had a spike?

B

blackburnd

With all these deaths taking place, and not knowing the time of the fish death i would think that this could be cause of the low high ammonia... I would be looking somewhere other than ammonia and nitrates and nitrites on this one. Decomposition causes ammonia as well. There is no proof that the ammonia was there before the deaths. I would assume not. Good luck anyhow.

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by sepulatian
Your ammonia was likely higher than .25 and your nitrite was higher as well. It has broken down since the deaths producing the nitrate. With an ammonia spike and the nitrite spike these two would have killed your fish. The lion should be fine. Did you recenty add new fish? Do you know why you may have had a spike?
i havent added anything new in over a month, my eel clogged the skimmer for a day so maybe that caused the spike (if ur wondering how i didnt notice it for a day it was cause i was at school)

sepulatian

yes yes poor fishes...can i get some1 to sing amazing grace?
"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.
T'was Grace that taught...
my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear...
the hour I first believed.
Through many dangers, toils and snares...
we have already come.
T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far...
and Grace will lead us home.
The Lord has promised good to me...
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be...
as long as life endures.
When we've been here ten thousand years...
bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise...
then when we've first begun.
"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.
You asked :joy:
Now, did the lion die as well?

renogaw

yes yes poor fishes...can i get some1 to sing amazing grace?
you seem to really care. usually sarcasm isn't readable. you were breaking down this tank weren't you? so i guess this makes it easier for you.

sharkboy13

well i was but i figured that theres almost no1 in NH that wants this tank that would be willing to pay more than $200 (my friend tried to coax me into selling it for $50
) so i think ill just keep it and rely on my good grades to get me the brazilian rainbow boa pair i want. and besides, im gettin into cephlapods.