suction cups on powerheads

hydro

im tired of having to reposition my powerheads every other day...these suction cups are the worst....anyone figued out a way to mount without these suction cups???????????????????????????????????????:confused: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

dmc888

My maxijets have a clip to hang on the top rim of the tank.
Just a clip and one suction cup.
They never move. But thats for top mounting.
Low mounting would be 3 suction cups.

decaywunz

I just started working with saltwater, but I had a freshwater tank for years....and throughout that time, I've never found another way!!! It sucks!!!!!!

lefty

Hmm...the suction cups on both my powerheads work really well. In fact, on one of them they work too well. I can't get it to move without prying something under them to make them pop up. :)
-lefty

snipe

Check the back of the suction cup "look through the glass" Mine was capturing air bubbles underneath and sliding causing sand dunes in my tank. I forced the bubbles out and now it hasnt moved.

mbrands

I have AquaClear powerheads and they've never shifted or moved on their own. As lefty said above, I actually have a hard time if I need to remove the suction cups because they stick so well.

snipe

I just got another one today. That guy is really nice to me he had it priced for $20 "at his fish store" and sent it to me for $15 that was including shipping.
As for the suctions cups just make sure there isnt any air under there. I have to maxi jet 400's pointed on the back of my tank and they never move. I have to livetech/jebo ap1500 pointed towards the front and up and if I dont get the air out they will slide down.

mudplayerx

They sell double-sided, padded tape for marine tanks at the lfs. Works great and doesn't bond so tight that you can't remove it for cleaning. I use it in my freshwater tank and I can usually remove the powerhead and stick it back on about 3 times before the glue won't hold anymore.

cowfishrule

i have the jebo skimmer, and the cups that go on that powerhead are dam impossible to get off or even move
its like wtf?

snipe

I have the jebo skimmer to and it wont move at all. But on my powerheads "same ph on the skimmer just got to extra" I bought 2 45degree pvc elbos to help turn the water. And when you turn it it makes it want to move more.

cvk531

mine came with a little thingy that you like kinda clip on, and twist to tighten it on the rim of the tank, i also have suction, my suction cups are working fine, but when i want to take out my powerhead, it takes a while because it takes a long time trying to get the suction cups out., they are on there hard