SugarFox03's 24g AquaPod diary!

sugarfox03

Ok, from now, I'm going to post updates, pics and everything in this thread. Others have done it, why cant I? First off, I wanted to thank James, efishnsea, for all the help in getting my tank back in order, and also the beautiful corals. My nitrates are down to 20, and with the info from Beaslbob, should be down to zero in a few weeks. Thanks guys!!
Anyway, here's my tank:
Brand: AquaPod 24 gallon
Lighting: 150w MH with actinics by Finnex
Skimmer: AquaC Remora
Powerheads: MaxiJet 900 in the back, 400 in display (will be removed soon.)
Mini fuge in the right rear chamber with live rock rubble and chaeto
Fish:
True Percula
Purple Firefish
Yellow watchman goby
Inverts:
Blood shrimp
Crocea clam
3 turbo snails
Lots of nass. snails
And some other kind of snail
Corals:
Lots of zoanthids
Ricordea
Mushrooms
Frogspawn
Hammer
Green star polyps
Pulsing Xenia
Trachyphyllia - Metallic Green Brain
Anthelia
Montipora frag
2 Acropora frags
The pics:

efishnsea

Melody
Wow, now that is what I'm talking about
:cheer:
. Great coral placement, the GSP looks sweet and so does everything else. Thats great about the trates. Anytime you need anything you know I'm here for ya....
I knew you would love the pinks, they are amazing. One of my favorites as well....
James

sugarfox03

Thanks guys!! I love the look of the tank now. It was missing so much before, and with the new corals...it just makes the tank!! Thank you again efishnsea!!

onyxclown

did u take out the filter it came with i have a 24g aquapod also same as urs n for no reason mine wont work so im just usin 2-3power heads n can i make the fuge withought that filter working??? nice tank man and are those the lights it came with????

sugarfox03

Originally Posted by onyxclown
did u take out the filter it came with i have a 24g aquapod also same as urs n for no reason mine wont work so im just usin 2-3power heads n can i make the fuge withought that filter working??? nice tank man and are those the lights it came with????
I removed everything in the back - blue sponges, ceramic rings, bioballs and now just have chaeto and live rock in the right chamber. I dont run a filter, just the remora skimmer. The light fixture was bought separate, I paid $300 for it, but I love it.

sugarfox03

Originally Posted by onyxclown
do u think the original one can hold those corals also???
You could get some of the corals, but not all. The mushrooms and ricordea, and maybe the zoos would be ok. But I dont know about the euphyllia (hammer & frogspawn) or the brain, the sps frags would not work. The better the light, the better the corals will do. Everything opens up HUGE under the MH. I didnt really get any corals until after I got the MH. I got a few, but within a week or two I got the MH.

pfieff

Kinda OT, I'm getting sick of my Fission skimmer and a local guy has a remora with MJ1200 for sale cheap and I was thinking about picking it up. When checking the measurements, it seems like it is going to be a tight fit in the right rear chamber. It does fit back there, right? haha. Thanks.

sugarfox03

Originally Posted by Pfieff
Kinda OT, I'm getting sick of my Fission skimmer and a local guy has a remora with MJ1200 for sale cheap and I was thinking about picking it up. When checking the measurements, it seems like it is going to be a tight fit in the right rear chamber. It does fit back there, right? haha. Thanks.
I have no problems with mine fitting back there. I just had to lift up the other powerhead thats back there to make room. There's more space in those rear chambers than you would think. Its a great skimmer, good luck with it!

larryndana

Hey great pictures of your tank. I've got the same model.
1. Can i see a picture of the chambers in the back?
2. I'm debating what skimmer to use, why did you settle on the AquaC Remora?
3. You changed the light bulb or the actual whole fixture?

sugarfox03

Thanks blondie & larry! I have to get my camera back, I will post pics when I get it.
I chose the AquaC Remora because of the credentials. Everyone who had one was happy with it. I LOVE it! It's pricey, but you get what you pay for. I ordered a Remora Pro for my 105 gal tank I am finally setting up (water testing it now!!) And I got a completely different fixture, its a Finnex 150w MH with actinics. The only thing I don't like is that the moonlight leds are only on the right side. Other than that I love it!

larryndana

Originally Posted by SugarFox03
Thanks blondie & larry! I have to get my camera back, I will post pics when I get it.
I chose the AquaC Remora because of the credentials. Everyone who had one was happy with it. I LOVE it! It's pricey, but you get what you pay for. I ordered a Remora Pro for my 105 gal tank I am finally setting up (water testing it now!!) And I got a completely different fixture, its a Finnex 150w MH with actinics. The only thing I don't like is that the moonlight leds are only on the right side. Other than that I love it!

Thanks