Suggest a filter

splashed

Hey guys, Ive got a thread going about my MAG 350 not working and have decided I need a new filter. So, I want some suggestions from our experts.
First, I am scared of sumps, I am not a diy type person and I am scared of flooding. (had a friend . . . flooded . . . long story)
Right now I have a Canister which has been okay, but I would like to not have to clean it weekly, and not have to worry about every time I start it if it is going to work or not.
Someone on here suggested I go with a bio wheel . . .
What do you think?
*42G Hex
*LS
*LR (bout 20lbs so far)
*Seaclone 100 Skimmer
*MAG 350 Canister Filter
*a huge rotating pump (cant remember the name)
*my lighting is crap (I am looking to upgrade to MH if any suggestions)
1 Maroon Clown
2 Emerald Crabs
20 Blue Legs
20 Red Legs
20 Snails
Thanks in advance for your help.
Wendy

P

pet lover

I have 4 magnum 350s and love them. No problems as long as the seals are sealed good. I don't clean them but about every 6 to 8 weeks. But I have 2 on my 125. Might add another..
I also have an EheimPro II :joy: I love this filter, it's VERY quiet (it's in my bedroon) and only has to be changed every 3 months (per directions) and shows you when it needs to be done! :D
I also like the bio wheel type like penguin and Emperor BUT the EHEIM is by far the best that I know of....
There may be others, I havn't tried them all but I DO NOT like the Fluvals because they are HARD to get primed...

I think canisters are by far much better then hang on types and the Eheim is for a large tank so you wouldn't have to clean it but every six months or you could check out a smaller model for your size tank.
Good luck whatever you decide. Get a big one, the biggest you can afford...
:happyfish