suggestion for a new fish

peter1215

I would like to add one or two more fish to my 220 fowlr. what do you guys suggest? would love to get a crosshatch trigger or clarion angel but too expensive for me right now. would adding another large angel like a blueface or an asfur be too risky? the fish below have been together for about six months.
7' adult emperor
6' blonde naso
4' queen angel
5' blue throat trigger
4' clarkii
I also have a few mushrooms ..angels have ignored it.

mr.clownfish

i wouldn't get another angel. i would get some kind of nice puffer or a copper band or long nose butterfly. U HAVE SO MANY CHOICES!!!!

zeke92

I have to say i would definatly get a pufferfish if i were you. There the most social fish you can get in your tank i think.
There really fun to watch and if you are lucky like me it will be a nerd! mine likes to watch me play games online

rykna

Originally Posted by zeke92
http:///forum/post/2749093
I have to say i would definatly get a pufferfish if i were you. There the most social fish you can get in your tank i think.
There really fun to watch and if you are lucky like me it will be a nerd! mine likes to watch me play games online

That's AWESOME!!!!

eelfan77

i have a porcupine puffer and he is awsome. he follows everybody when they walk by. he learned how to splash and spit water at me when he is hungry. and it allways looks like he is smiling

shaggyblz

I have never found a puffer that was listed as "reef safe". Is this really a big concern. Can they cause serious damage?

srfisher17

Originally Posted by Shaggyblz
http:///forum/post/2750516
I have never found a puffer that was listed as "reef safe". Is this really a big concern. Can they cause serious damage?
Large puffers can and probably will. They like to chomp on just about anything; sometimes just to keep their teeth trimmed.

saka bra

a sohal tang would look nice. I have one with two nasos and they dont bother eachother at all. may have a little trouble adding a new fish cuz i hear they are aggresive, but not mine.

peter1215

just picked up a nice blue spot angel from AO in NJ. will probably add or pair of heniouchus or semilarvatus b/f. Will try to get the crosshatch trigger in january

cedarreef

+1 on the puffer definitely or snowflake eel! I would also consider a miniatus grouper, sohal tang, clown trigger, harlequin tusk, or a banana wrasse.