Suggestion for connection to sump

bterry29

I'm on the last steps of connecting my inwall 125 to a 55 sump/refugium. The 125 is drilled in each corner. Instead of pvc I'm trying to use clear tube. I bought the tube from a local hardware store. It seems to be too heavy. It is pulling the lid off the sump. I don't know if tubing I might get from a lfs would be more flexible and less heavy. I've attached some pictures. If you have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks.

squidd

The bigggest problem I've seen/had with the clear tube is (especially if run down near refugium lighting) is they grow algae inside them which can slow flow conciderably...
As far as beeing too "heavy"..you just need to cut it to the proper length..and support it properly...so it doesn't pull the top off...

msd2

why not make it hard tubing and support it so its not putting pressure on ur sump? Like it was said the clear tubing will eventually clog up with algae growth anyway. You could get black flexible tubing from your lfs but its gonna be the same weight. If you dont support it the added weight of the water will really start pulling on that lid.

bterry29

Thanks for the suggestions. At some point I may decide to hard plumb out of necessity but I'd like to try it first with the tubing. The sump has two shelves for filtration. If I hard plumb I won't be able to open the lid to get to them. After the tank is up and running for a while maybe I won't need that kind of filtration but I think I will in the beginning. The lfs had a couple of clamps that are used for wire cage tops. I'm going to try those to hold the top down along with pipe brackets to support the tubing, and I think I'm going to buy new tubing from the lfs. It seems to be more flexible and not as heavy.