Suggestion for my next fish

duke13

Not sure about the cleaner wrasse. I've read that they have more of a specialized diet. I'm not looking for a finicky eater...

J

jdragunas

i'm not deleting my post, as it's not a violation... i didn't list the website... and i didn't say that six line wrasses are agressive, i just said they can be toward other peaceful WRASSES... so your buddy with the 6-line wrasses, did he have other wrasses as well in the same tank???
And you definately don't want a cleaner wrasse. They're really picky eaters, and when they "clean" your fish, they can get overzealous, and actually bite chunks out of the fish... if you want a cleaner fish, get a cleaner goby.

J

jdragunas

Originally Posted by DevilDog01
Just because one site says that doesnt mean its right. My neighbor kept several over the years and he has NEVER had an aggression issue. Jumping issues, yes, but never any aggresion issues. BTW, delete your post, it states another company which is against the rules.
meanie-head!!!

dmitry

I knew somebody with a Sixline who was a real bully and actually gouged the eyes of an Angel!!! :mad: :scared:

fishmamma

Would you consider a pygmy/cherub angel? They are one of the only dwarfs to be considered truly reef safe. I have a couple corals in with mine- juts some zoos and ricordia and she has never touched them. I did house some other corals in the tank for a short time and they were left untouched as well for the duration of their stay.
I know that many may disagree but my trusted LFS said a jawfish can be happy in 3 inches of sand, so I believe yours was doing just fine before it's untimely death.

duke13

I have a friend who has a Cherub Angel in his 55 reef. It has been overall good except for the poor Cat's Paw. IMO, one coral getting picked on is too much already. I think Cherubs are pretty cool but I'm going to stay away fro dwarf angels at the moment.
And yes, Jawfish can be happy with only 3" of substrate. More sand would be better of course but my Jaw was no where near stressed because of it.

J

jdragunas

well, i was going to get some sort of dwarf angel, but i learned they can be agressive, especially toward fish that are the same coloring. I was going to get a flame angel, but i didn't want him to pick on my clown... And although they are considered "reef safe", some have still been known to pick on corals... It really all depends on the specific fish, though. You could try it, and keep an eye on him. If he's nice, keep him, if he's mean, take him back!

hawthorn

I have a cleaner wrasse and never had a single problem with it feeding it feeds really well actually and is very active and is awesome to watch in the tank. my tank wouldnt be the same without it personally i think every tank should have 1.

jacknjill

i just got a coral beauty yesterday. so far so good, very colorful and he roams all over between caves. lots of personality and reef safe