Suggestion, I'm new on this b-e-a-u-tiful hobby !!!!

fabyspanish

18 gallon fish tank.
1. How long do I have to wait to add fish ? I'm using (Sera Marin Bio Reef Clear (one capful everyday)).
2. How often do I have to change the water of my tank ?
3. My tank's salinity level is 1.022, is it ok ? I only one to have fish.
4. I have an Aquarium Filter, and a small Protein Skimmers, is it okay for my tank and fishes ?
5. I'd like to add a small regal tang, Yellow Tang, pounder blue tang,Lion fish, flame angel, moorish idol, clown fish, clown tiggerfish, cat shark, ray with blue spots and a clean-up crew (what will you suggest for the clean-up crew), what fishes can I have in my tank and how to keep and clean tank for the healthy of the fishes.
Thanks for reading and helping.

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabySpanish http:///t/396149/suggestion-im-new-on-this-b-e-a-u-tiful-hobby#post_3528905
18 gallon fish tank. Is this a typo? Did you mean to type 180g??
1. How long do I have to wait to add fish ? I'm using (Sera Marin Bio Reef Clear (one capful everyday)). You have to wait until the tank is cycled (research nitrogen cycle in saltwater tanks) and you have to test your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates. When ammonia and nitrite spike and go down to 0 ppm do a water change, wait a week while ghost feeding the tank, then add you first small fish.
2. How often do I have to change the water of my tank ? I like to do weekly 10-15% water changes.
3. My tank's salinity level is 1.022, is it ok ? I only one to have fish. That is fine for fish only tanks. The amount of fish has nothing to do with where you keep your salinity levels.
4. I have an Aquarium Filter, and a small Protein Skimmers, is it okay for my tank and fishes ? Those both should work great for filtration. Don't forget to add a couple of powerheads to the tank for internal flow.
5. I'd like to add a small regal tang, Yellow Tang, pounder blue tang,Lion fish, flame angel, moorish idol, clown fish, clown tiggerfish, cat shark, ray with blue spots and a clean-up crew (what will you suggest for the clean-up crew), what fishes can I have in my tank and how to keep and clean tank for the healthy of the fishes. If this is an 18g tank. None of those fish are appropriate for that small of a tank. If you have a 180g that is a different story, but you have a lot of fish that are not good tank mates grouped together.
Thanks for reading and helping. Good luck!!

fabyspanish

yes, it is eighteen gallon fish tank. ( Length- 24in/60cm Width-12in/30cm Height-14in/37cm )
1. what do a powerhead do ? where should I place it, top, bottom or middle of the tank?
2. what fishes can I have in my little tank :D ?
I really would like to have the following fishes (I'm planning to change to a bigger tank 6 months later),
- bluespotted stingray
- cat shark
- lion fish (will it kill my fishes?)
- clown fish
- regal tang
Can I add these fishes into my tank ? what will happen if I add then ? which one do you suggest me to add to my little tank ?
3. Do I need any clean-up crew, if so, which one would you suggest ?
Thanks for answering and for your time, was a great help.
This is my first time to have an saltwater fish tank, I might have a lot of stupid questions. Thanks for the patiente.

snakeblitz33

You have an 18 gallon tank. There is no possible way you can put anything that you listed in there but a pair of clownfish.
I highly suggest you start reading and researching materials that have already been typed and published. Once you have read a few good books, come back and ask specific questions about the hobby.
Best of luck and welcome to the boards.