Suggestions for a Hang-On Protein skimmer?

entice59

I really do not like my seaclone 100, it does its job but not very well, maybe because my tank is too big for it.
i have a 55 gallon tank
I do not have room for a sump, so i can not get an in-sump protein skimmer, i know they are a lot better but i do not have room and i do not want to use that much electricity.
So anyone have any good suggestion on which one i should buy and what i shouldnt buy? Money is pretty tight, 200 dollars are less is reasonable.
anyone heard about aqua remora pro skimmers?
thank you

entice59

i wanted to sell it locally, but if i dont sell it with-in 1 month i'll email you for sure.
Okay, im going for the Aqua C remora, should i get pro? its only a 55 gallon tank but it is 60 dollars more for me. It says the regular can already handle up to 75 gallon tank.
What do you guys think?

dpdiver

I don't have any experiance on the Aqua C remora, I have a BAK Pak on one of my tanks and love it. Just a thought..
Milt

nas19320

I was in the same situation about 2 months ago. I had a seaclone on my 55 and hated it so I bought the Remora Pro with the Mag 3 and preskimmer box. It works great.

ac

I have a remora pro on a 55 gallon with the mag pump. I would recommend it also. It's the best hang one skimmer I've owned and I've owned many of them.

I have a Excalibur hang on, it works great, but I am upgrading to a 155 bowfront with insump skimmer, so this pump is useless to me, let me know if you're interested, I am asking for 100, excellent conidition!

alsie

I had a Remora Pro with a Mag pump and it did a great job(I now have a sump/ref with a Nautilus TE) I was told that most skimmers are over rated for what tank size they can handle. I have a corner 54gal and I had to move tank out from wall to get 3 1/2" clearance for the Remora pro to fit. Only complaint I had with the unit was you could see the Mag in the tank. So I boxed it in with black plexy (leaving bottom open) and cutting grooves in the glass to let water in. My shrimp had another place to hide. Unit was easy to clean and had a good size collection cup. The unit was not ugly as some I have seen. It did a good job.

slytsi4

Go with the BAK Pak.. very good results and it is easy to clean and is pretty quite with the rio 600