suggestions for sargassum?

jonthefb

ok guys i purchased two chunks of lr from a shop in denver when i started cycling the tank in February......now that everything is cured and cycled and thriving the two rocks are like a sargassum forest....the algae is everywhere! any ideas on somethign to eat it? ive got a lettuce nudi...doesnt touch the stuff.....black sailfin blenny.....doesnt touch the stuff.......and a rainfordi goby that picks at the fronds but is too tiny to do anythign drastic.....a little worried about a tang in a 65....but dont know if it would eat it or not. not too sure about an emerald either...snails hermits...nothign touches the stuff!
please help!
thanks in advance
jon

msb27

I had that problem too when I cycled, I just hand harvested for about 6 months and it went away.
Scott

adrian

A foxface would be a good bet to mow it down. Do you want to eradicate it or just control its gorwth? That suff grows so fast, really good form of nutrient uptake, I would try to keep it and just harvest it often, you can tear most of it out, as long as theres a holdfast remaining it will grow right back. HTH