suggestions on light upgrade please

made4water

I have a 46 gal. bow front and my current lighting is JBJ W/ 2 96w pc. Ive had this setup for a couple of years and im wanting a new look without getting another tank. so i figured that i would just change out the lighting which would allow me to get some sps corals. Ive taken a picture so you can see what i already have in there(sorry bout the pic it was taken with my cell phone). Im looking to get into MH and i want it as bright as possible without hurting my existing corals....any suggestions?

lion_crazz

I love Coralife's aqualight pro lights. My 40 (which is probably the same dimensions as your 46 - without the bowing) has an Aqualight pro and it looks phenomenal. Mine has one 150 watt 20k metal halide, 2 actinic power compacts, and 2 blue LED moonlights. I could not be more satisfied with the light.

made4water

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
http:///forum/post/2832119
I love Coralife's aqualight pro lights. My 40 (which is probably the same dimensions as your 46 - without the bowing) has an Aqualight pro and it looks phenomenal. Mine has one 150 watt 20k metal halide, 2 actinic power compacts, and 2 blue LED moonlights. I could not be more satisfied with the light.

wow! thank you for the prompt response. Does this fixture give you the glitter affect?

lion_crazz

Absolutely! Each part of the light is incredible. The halide looks great, the actinics give it a great glow, and the 2 LEDs are bright! Even the fans are wonderful. During the hottest part of the summer, my tank did not fluctuate off of 76 degrees, and I do not have a chiller, nor did I use a fan on the tank.
All around great light. The only thing I did not like was the 10k halide it comes with. I replaced mine with a 20k for color purposes.